Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Honoring Nellie

Honoring Nellie

My Husband and I both love the name Nellie, especially because it is my grandmother's name. However, neither of us like it as a first name, sounds a little too frilly.

He LOVES Penelope, and thought I think Penelope is alright, I'm not loving it. Any suggestions for making Nellie sound a little more like a first name. I like Nella and Nelle, are there any other suggestions out there??

Thanks!

How about Eleanor?

Traditionally Nellie is a nickname for Eleanor and Helen or Helena. I think you could use Nelia.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

What about Danella? I knew a girl called this when I was a kid and she got Nell/Nellie/Nella as a nn

Quote Originally Posted by babyurban View Post
    My Husband and I both love the name Nellie, especially because it is my grandmother's name. However, neither of us like it as a first name, sounds a little too frilly.

He LOVES Penelope, and thought I think Penelope is alright, I'm not loving it. Any suggestions for making Nellie sound a little more like a first name. I like Nella and Nelle, are there any other suggestions out there??

Thanks!