Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The final five!

The final five!

Thanks, berries, for all of your help! We have narrowed our list down to three girls names and two boys names. All of them draw upon family names, with an optional second middle that is also a family name. Here is a little bit about each of our names and why they are staying on the list while others have been eliminated. I'd love any thoughts on our remaining choices. Thanks so much!

Boys:

Theodore James Rhynold -- Theodore was my husband's great-grandfather. It is also a Greek name like Alexander and doesn't share many similar sounds to our other children's names. Plus it has multiple nickname options (Theo and Teddy are my faves). James is a family name on my side for generations -- my uncle, my great-grandfather, great-great grandfather, etc. And Rhynold was the name of my husband's beloved grandfather on his mother's side. Plus my hubby thinks that T.J. Rhynold sounds like a vintage Hollywood name. We both love this combo.

Sebastian Thomas Rhynold -- We love the name Sebastian with the nickname Bastian, and think that Xander and Bastian make pretty awesome brothers. Downside is the "an" ending, which is similar to Madelyn (and the fact that our Madelyn cannot get over the Little Mermaid association). The name Thomas is shared by my grandfather and my uncle, as well as a great-great grandfather on my husband's side. And again, our beloved Rhynold. But this combo just isn't as fantastic for me as Theodore James Rhynold.

Girls:

Felicity Margaret Louisa -- We both love Felicity and think it flows nicely with our other kids' names, without having too many similar sounds. I like that it doesn't have an obvious nickname, since we don't call our Genevieve by any nicknames. Love the meaning, too. Margaret is a family name on both sides (though it was Margaretha on my husband's side), and Louisa was his great-grandmother's name (his mom's middle name Lou comes from Louisa).

Bridget Louisa Mary -- Bridget is my Irish great-great grandmother's name. I had it on my list for both of my daughter's and my hubby nixed it both times, but now he suddenly loves it. I love that it represents my Irish heritage (my dad is first generation American), and I think it is very cute with our sibset. Louisa again is my hubby's great-grandmother and honors his mom, whose middle name is Lou. Mary was my grandmother's middle name and also the name of my husband's great-grandmother.

Helena Mary Elizabeth -- Helena is a name from way back on my husband's family tree (great x8 grandmother), and it also honors my great-grandmother Nellie (we would use this nickname). Mary is a family name on both sides (see above), and Elizabeth is just a name I absolutely adore but have decided not to use as a first name because there are SO many Elizabeth's on my husband's side of the family that share our last name. Our daughter would be one of 7 Elizabeth C***'s going back five or six generations. So using it in the middle is my only choice. It is also my husband's great-grandmother's name, AND he shares her birthday.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 (a girl!) in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Love all of your choices! My faves would have to be Theodore James Rhynold & Helena Mary Elizabeth.
    Mummy of One:
    -- Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

Dom's future brother/s: Bennett, Ciaran, Elijah, Elliott, Emmett, Finnegan, Grayson, Harrison, Nathaniel, Quentin
    Dom's future sister/s: Aveline, Aven, Calla, Eleanor, Helena, Iris, Noelle, Rosalie, Sadie, Wren

I love your list! My favorites are definitely Theodore James Rhynold and Bridget Louisa Mary OR Helena Mary Elizabeth.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Audrey & Patrick Elliot, Catherine Grace & James Frederick, Claire Elizabeth & Luke Alexander

Great choices ... I would pick:

Theodore James Rhynold and Bridget Louisa Mary
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Sebastian Thomas Rhynold and Helena Mary Elizabeth would be my picks.

All lovely options though.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore. Identical twin.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~