Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Lyra??

I came across the name Lyra [Lie-Ra] on another thread and the more I say it the more I fall in love with it. It's unique, but beautiful and simple and a bit mysterious. I also love the literary and musical connection, and the fact that it is a constellation. What is your impression of this name?

Also, how do you feel about the combo Lyra Victoria?

Lyra is the heroine of one of my favorite book series of all time (His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman). It is strongly connected to that series, so I would suggest finding out more about the books (if you haven't read them) before you select the name. But I think it is gorgeous. Lyra Victoria is lovely.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (7), Genevieve Susan (2), and angel baby Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014).

Hoping to welcome another little one into our family in 2015.

Girls: Bridget, Elizabeth, Isadora, Felicity, Helena, Marianne, Violet, Penelope, Ophelia, Victoria
    Boys: Sebastian, Everett, Julian, Henry, Caspian, Desmond, Arthur, Nicholas, Anthony, Barnaby

I love Lyra! I first saw it in a fiction book, and it's been a favorite ever since. Lyra Victoria is gorgeous and sounds very classic.
    Emily~Evelyn~Eveline/a~Guin/Gwenevere~Miriam~Georgina~Evey~Marion

Luca~Jeremiah~James~William~Derrik~Kyler~Noah~Sore n~Lysander~Adam

I love Lyra its on my short list- i love the meaning, connections literary/galaxy/musical and sound.

I did worry about the Lie Ra teasing but i think its not the worst ive heard and teasing names i believe is becoming less common with more unusual names out there.

I love Lyra! Its so whimsical and sweet and underused.
    Lyra Victoria is very beautiful.
    Seventeen. Ravenclaw. Passions: art, theatre, music, yoga/meditation, naming, and reading.
    (Changing my name to:
    Zoie Willow or Willow ___?)

For a future...
    Ever-so Darling Daughter:
    Opal Eleanor ~ Harmony Ophelia Maude ~ Cecily Henrietta Mae ~ Lavender Elaine

Splendid Son:
    Sebastian Bodhi - Hugo Alistair -
    Augustus Grey - Phineas Alexander "Finn"