Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I second Nikolai and Alekei. Philip/Filip. Josef.

I commented on your girls' thread too-- I definitely feel you need something with a bit of exoticism to match Matvey, even if it isn't explicitly Russian.

From the suggestion above, I really liked Anton, Casimir and Ilya [though in the US Ilya might be seen as feminine by people completely unfamiliar with it].

Arkady
    Nazar
    Kirill
    Lazar/Lazaro
    Pavel
    Radomir
    Rodion
    Ruslan
    Sergius
    Spyridon
    Arvid
    Vadim
    Vitaly
    Jaromir
    Andros
    Yuri
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Thanks for all the replies!

Out of the suggestions fo far I like ( still haven't brought them to DH)..

Anton
    Nicolai
    Roman
    Gavril
    Pavel ( maybe too Russian??)

i also quite like Natan but fear that they would end up as Mat and Nat... a little weird for me!

want something that is fairly easy to pronounce and not too OBVIOUSLY Russian. We often get asked WHAT ethnicity Matvey (the name) is... I like that people don't know right off the bat!

I like all of the "Alex..." suggestions BUt Matvey's middle name is Alexander so those are all out!

Any other NON or not obviously Russian suggestions?

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    I like Pascal for you. Matvey and Pascal sound really good together, I think. Also, I love Santiago. I'm not sure it's usable for a non-hispanic family, but it's a really cool name.
    Some others you might like:
    Nico
    Levi
    Conrad
    Nev
    Piotr/Piet
    Paolo
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Since your first child was named after a beloved relative on your husband's side of the family, maybe you could name this one after someone you love dearly on your side of the family? Still fits a theme!

Felix, Arkady (it has ties to Alexander, I believe), Viktor, Ivan, Isaak, Iosef (Josef), Lev/Leo, Luka, Sebastian, Maxim (I know you said no M names, but Max looks nice next to Maty), Peter, Erik, Julian (Jules).

I think Matvey looks best with the ones in bold.

Atticus is Greek, so that would be kind of strange next to your first boy's, just as Santiago would be.
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen