Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    There was a waitress at the local wings place for a while whose name was Sexaly. At first I thought I'd misheard her and thought it must be Cecily, but no, her nametag said Sexaly. She was a great waitress, though.

Laura & Derek

Beatrix - Camille/a - Eleanor (Lena) - Isla - Lila - Leonie - Margot
    Arthur - Clark - Gabriel - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Andromeda - Lúthien - Vesper - Zephyr

I knew a Marvelous, pronounced Mar-VELL-us.
    Heard about someone my friend taught named La-a, pronounced...wait for it...Ladasha! But the worst part was that it wasn't correct on the forms, and it was actually an underscore. La_a.
    Rough.

^ ladasha is an urban legend, with a pretty racist origin. She doesn't exist and if she did she would basically own the internet by now.

Nevaeh is just...ugh. The only thing worse is the poor kids actually saddled with Renesmee, which the author of Twilight actually admitted was a horrible stupid name. So congrats to those hardcore Twilight fans rofl...I'd love to see the look on her fave when a fan tells her they've named their child Renesmee.

Can we talk about decent names with bad nicknames? Some girls i went to high school with had kids around the same time and hang out with each other and they've all taken to calling their kids by the first letter of their name. Like literally they'll just be taking and be like "Oh, K is doing well in preschool, P is so excited to go when it's her turn!" and the other person is like "That reminds me I need to get L registered for preschool." ...um? You're aware it sounds like your kids are named Kay, Pee, and Elle, right? And that they have actual names with sensible nicknames available?

I know a girl who named her daughter Le.ola and i can think of so many nicknames for that...Lee, Leo, Lola, Lilou...but no, she calls her "L." What a waste of a perfectly good name.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Nevaeh, Zayden, Zaila, oh the list goes on. On a different name site they were talking about stuff like this today and I heard of a "Ima" first name and "queir or queer" forgot how they spelled it, as a middle name! So that's "I'm a queer" like seriously?! I don't know what goes through some peoples heads when they are naming their child. Another one was Nachure a.k.a. Nature. How "youneek."
    Strive not to be a success, but rather of value
    ~Albert Einstein~

Grown man named Guest - Guess the parents could not wait for him to move out...

Teen named Brother - Never did get siblings...