Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Worst Baby Names You've Heard....

Sometimes when I hear children's names, I can't help but wonder what their parents were thinking. Seriously, some people shouldn't have the authority of naming another human being. The other day I heard a that a friend of a friend had a baby and she named him . . . wait for it . . . Owen Urnin!! What is that?! Urnin?? Not only is "Urnin" just plain odd, but the names don't even sound good together!! I just couldn't believe it!

Anyway, enough of my rant. I was just wondering what are some of the worst names you guys have heard. There have got to be some doozies out there, I'm sure!

Thankfully it didn't make the final cut, but an aquantince of mine was considering Anomaly if it was a girl because it had a "good flow." I had to tactfully ask if she even knew what the word meant.
    Currently TTC.
    Our picks: Silas and Penelope

Also like:
    Lilah, Aria, Bryn
    Liam, Abel, Declan, Elliot, Ari

One of the worst i've heard was a woman I used to work with who had a beautiful baby girl and named her Platinum. That was about 10 odd years ago and I still haven't found another one that's made me say 'WHAT?!' more than that one did.
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

Here are the worst I have heard:

Hero
    Tater
    Tigger

A young woman at the metro station was shouting to her daughter "Kyla" which made me shudder.

I can't stand Skylar either.