Names Searched Right Now:

Do these names make a good sibset?

this is a pretty simple game: first person posts two to six names (first and middle or just first) and the next person says whether or not they think those names make a good sibset (it can be a simple yes/no or you can go into detail, your choice) and then posts their own list.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michaela Ruby
    Jonah Brooks
    Autumn Taylor
    Sawyer Jackson
    Willa Joy
    Ezra Lee
    Last edited by calyma; May 29th, 2015 at 12:26 PM.
    casey lynn. 27. name nerd.

Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth’s marvels, beneath the dust of habit. ~ Salman Rushdie
    {my name lists}
    updated 14 May 15

Kind of... I feel like this is more like 2 different sibsets but together. Jonah and Ezra would make great brothers. Willa, Autumn and Sawyer sound great together and I think Michaela fits in ok with these 3 too but not quite as well. I think the issue is that Jonah and Ezra are very classic, where as Autumn, Sawyer and Willa feel a bit of new age, hipster.

Edith Matilda (Edie)
    Dorothy Maud (Dottie)
    Elijah Frey (Eli)
    Theodore James (Teddy)
    Gwendolen Lily (Gwennie)
    Eleanora Bethany (Nora)

My main concern with my favourite sibsets is that I think the names are too close to each other, for example, Edie and Eli share very similar sounds. As do Elijah and Eleanora, and Edie and Teddy.
    • Edith (Edie) • Jocelyn (Joss) •
    • Dorothy (Dottie) • Gwendolen (Gwennie) •
    • Eleanora (Nora) • Rosalyn • Beatrix •

MN - • Lily • Maud • Matilda • Poppy •
    • Selah • Pearl • Florence •

• Percival (Percy) • Felix • Hugo •
    • Abraham (Abe) • Harvey • Francis (Frankie) •
    • Edward • Walter (Walt) • Theodore (Teddy) •

MN - • James • Jude • Hart •
    • Frey • Fox • Seth •

* Britberry * Married * Broody * Name Obsessed *

I think the boy names are fantastic together. Autumn and Willa are nice together, but in general I think Willa feels more 'current' than Autumn Taylor and Michaela. If flipping is an option, Ruby Michaela feels a bit more coherent to me with the other names.

@essa

while most of these names are nms, i do think they make a good sibset. they're all recognizable names that have been fairly popular for a long time. i understand your concerns with the nicknames though. i don't have a solution for the Edie/Eli confusion but if Theodore could go by Theo that would fix the Edie/Teddy problem.

Lorelai Fable
    Holden Justice
    Daniela Joy
    Micah Noble
    Last edited by calyma; June 3rd, 2015 at 03:04 AM.
    casey lynn. 27. name nerd.

Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth’s marvels, beneath the dust of habit. ~ Salman Rushdie
    {my name lists}
    updated 14 May 15