Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I don't think of the sandwich, I think of the guy from American Idol, and I really don't remember what he even looked like. So no, it doesn't make me think of the sandwich at all.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Lilia | Jane | Persephone | Alice | Ariadne | Nicoletta | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Basil | Abram | Thomas | Samuel | Paul | Tobias | Ambrose |
    Pondering:
    | Cora | Cosima | Delia | Lena | Raphaela | Balthazar | Barnabas | Bartholomew | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

I like Reuben! I think Reu/Rheu and Ben are adorable nns, too. As far as the sandwich--meh. It's not the worst association. I actually sort of like it, but then again, it's my mom's favorite kind of sandwich, so there's a bit of a family tie for me. Even with that, it's not my first thought--I think of Jacob's oldest son in the Bible before I think of the sandwich.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

I like Reuben, and I only think of the sandwich once someone else has mentioned it. Otherwise it would never cross my mind. If you went with the name Patty Melt or something, I would think of the sandwich, but Reuben is definitely a name to me. It's a nice name.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Thanks for all your guys' input! Also, a second name I forgot to mention in my original post that I've adored for years is Balthasar. I've only met one person that doesn't think I'm a hundred percent insane for being head over heels for this name. In my opinion, it's curious, unique, bouncy, and denotes chivalry and creativity. I think it's my favorite name probably of all time, boys and girls, with Reuben being a close second.

I do think of the sandwich, but my first association is black hats in Brooklyn-- i.e. it's a very religious Jewish name to me.

I love Balthasar, and like it a lot more than Reuben!
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq