Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bay?

I have a Bay (girl) and I like it for either sex. I didn't like it as a full name so I spent literally a couple of years before she was born looking for longer versions. I like legitimate names with a long history of use that have never been popular so we eventually went with Bayard, even though it's a male name. I hated it at first but after I read about Bayard Rustin, I knew it would be great for her someday to read about his influence in civil/ gay rights and hopefully feel inspired to be that kind of person as well.

In my opinion, there aren't that many longer options that feel substantial enough but it really comes down to personal preference. There is Baila which is Hebrew, but for some reason, Bay seems heavier to me than the longer form so it seems a little backwards. Whatever you choose, Bay is a great name. Mine is almost 3 and she gets compliments on her name daily!
    Mom to 2 girls ♥ Bayard McConnell "Bay" & Marguerite Davis "Maple"

I think Bay is a horrible name for a boy- but a beautiful name for a girl.

I don't think it's too short at all- short names are wonderful for kids because they will have an easy time spelling it. I would go for a longer, more traditional name for the middle name though.

Bay Madeline, Bay Olivia, Bay Elizabeth.

One of the main characters on Switched At Birth is called Bay. She's a girl. That's the first thing I thought of. It's not really my style, but I think it's fine. It seems more feminine to me.

I like it for a boy or a girl. I think it would work as a first name as long as the last name is on the longer side. Also, I read somewhere that Bae is a Korean name meaning "inspiration"
    Favorite names at the moment:
    Simone Sage
    Andre Larion

Other names I like: Veronica Vivian Lydia Octavia Bianca Flora Zulima Augustine Elsa Avalon Zamora Carmina

I've only seen it used on a girl, so it feels feminine to me, but saying it out loud, it just feels too incomplete for me. Definitely better as a nickname.
    Favorites~
    Boys: Nash, Liam, Conrad, Finn, Kit

Girls: Layla, Kasia, Ada, Clara, Tessa