Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 08:19 PM.

Wow! Such a detailed response saracita. I love it!

Sorin/Sauron: I definitely did not even think of the similarities between the two names. Sorin is technically pronounced more like Sore-EEN, however I am choosing to pronounce it the same as the Scandinavian name Soren, because I think that's the pronunciation most people will use. Sauron I pronounce as SOUR-on, the au sounding like the word loud. I don't think it's close enough to put me off the name Sorin, but I am definitely reconsidering Arwen.

I think Lyra Elizabeth Artemis is slightly my favourite. I agree that the flow isn't right with Lyra Clarity Susanne though. I will have to think of something else for that combo...

I like the sound of Thea Maple Celandine, but I worry that that is way too much nature for one name. Thea Hermione Maple?

Valo is the name I having the hardest time choosing...I love all of the combos too much haha! I ink Rohan is the best fit with the other names - I did not know Orrick was a vacuum cleaner. That's enough to take it off the list.

Some of my other top names:
    Dagny
    Elowen - cant use because of last name
    Malta
    Sorcha - love this name but I love Sorin more
    Capella
    Seren - again, love Sorin more
    Alba - last name issues
    Danae - worried about pronunciation
    Signe
    Leta

Emrys - my absolute favourite boys name but can't use because of last name
    Alaric
    Emeric
    Eltanin
    Gable
    Marius
    Cabot

Any ideas on what I should replace Arwen with?
    Undecided!!

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 18th, 2014 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gershwin View Post
    Hi berries!

My name lists were getting a bit out of control - a top 20 seemed a little bit excessive ha ha - and I am very close to narrowing it down to a top three for each gender. I was hoping that you lovely folk would be able to give me some sort of feedback about my choices.

My number one girls name has always been Lyra. I love the literary connection, the musical connection being a music major myself, and the fact that it is a constellation as my own name is also the name of a star.
    Possible FN/MN combinations: Lyra Elizabeth Romilly, Lyra Clarity Susanne or Lyra Elizabeth Artemis.

Thea is my second choice. I actually prefer Alethea, but I don't think that it fits as well with my other names. That being said, I do adore the name Thea.
    Thea Frances Celandine, Thea Hermione Jill and Thea Maple Susanne are all possibilities.

Arwen is my third name. I alternate between having no problems with this name, to thinking that it is way too tied to LOTR. I do think that it fits really well with my other choices.
    Combos: Arwen Carina Lark, Arwen Kerensa Jill and Arwen Hermione Frances.

My top boys name is Sorin. I love that its meaning is related to the Sun, and it honours my Romanian heritage.
    Sorin Bodie Taliesin, Sorin Emrys Paul and Sorin David Caspian

Valo is my second favourite boys name, although I do worry about pronunciation issues.
    Valo James Peregrine, Valo Paladin Bruce And Valo Heming Stevensgaard

I am undecided on my third boys name. Possibilities include, Ivo, Rohan, Merit, and Orrick.

Sorry this ended up so long guys. Also, I should add that I am not currently pregnant but we are trying. Any thoughts, comments, criticisms and ideas are welcome!
    I like Lyra Elizabeth Romilly, Thea Maple Susanne, Sorin David Caspian and Rohan Peregine Bruce.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country