Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help With My Top 6!!

Hi berries!

My name lists were getting a bit out of control - a top 20 seemed a little bit excessive ha ha - and I am very close to narrowing it down to a top three for each gender. I was hoping that you lovely folk would be able to give me some sort of feedback about my choices.

My number one girls name has always been Lyra. I love the literary connection, the musical connection being a music major myself, and the fact that it is a constellation as my own name is also the name of a star.
    Possible FN/MN combinations: Lyra Elizabeth Romilly, Lyra Clarity Susanne or Lyra Elizabeth Artemis.

Thea is my second choice. I actually prefer Alethea, but I don't think that it fits as well with my other names. That being said, I do adore the name Thea.
    Thea Frances Celandine, Thea Hermione Jill and Thea Maple Susanne are all possibilities.

Arwen is my third name. I alternate between having no problems with this name, to thinking that it is way too tied to LOTR. I do think that it fits really well with my other choices.
    Combos: Arwen Carina Lark, Arwen Kerensa Jill and Arwen Hermione Frances.

My top boys name is Sorin. I love that its meaning is related to the Sun, and it honours my Romanian heritage.
    Sorin Bodie Taliesin, Sorin Emrys Paul and Sorin David Caspian

Valo is my second favourite boys name, although I do worry about pronunciation issues.
    Valo James Peregrine, Valo Paladin Bruce And Valo Heming Stevensgaard

I am undecided on my third boys name. Possibilities include, Ivo, Rohan, Merit, and Orrick.

Sorry this ended up so long guys. Also, I should add that I am not currently pregnant but we are trying. Any thoughts, comments, criticisms and ideas are welcome!
    Undecided!!

Girls

Lyra Elizabeth Romilly - This is pretty!
    Thea Maple Susanne - I like Thea Maple Frances too!
    Arwen Hermione Frances - it was a toss-up between this combo and Carina Lark but the "Car-Lar" made me choose Hermione Frances.

Boys

Sorin David Caspian - It was close between this combo and Emrys Paul.
    Valo James Peregrine - a wonderful combo!
    Rohan Emrys Paul - ok, I used your other names!

Since you already have Valo on your list I would eliminate Ivo (shame. I like this name). I think Rohan is pretty awesome and I like it with Valo and Sorin. Merit and Orrick just don't make the grade for me. Do you like Yorick? I did notice you like a lot of names ending in "n" but at least they're different (an, in and en).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

For you, I love Lyra Elizabeth Romilly. It's such a rare and beautiful find I also love the meaning behind it for you. Great choice!

As far as your boy names go, I like Sorin David Caspian. It flows nicely and honors your heritage which is awesome.

Good luck with everything.

Thank you for your comments Mischa! I think you're right about Valo and Ivo being too close, which is too bad. Rohan is my top choice, but I am worried about all of the n endings as you pointed out. You don't think Arwen, Sorin and Rohan are too much with their similar endings?

Thank you for your comments missmelissa! So appreciated
    Undecided!!

Personally, I don't like having a lot of "n" ending names for siblings but if you love them and they have special meanings for you, who am I to judge? In your case, at least they all have different vowels (ArwEN, RohAN and SorIN)
    All the best,
    Mischa.