Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sibsets?! Do you actually care?

How much thought do you put into how much a name matches the other names on your list??

I have been thinking about it a bit lately, none of my girls names really match my top 2 boys names, and very few of my girls names run along the same style as each other. Does it matter that when I have kids more than likely, their names won't be matchy with each other? How do you feel about coordinating sibsets? Does it affect your choices? Should it?

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I don't actually care. For me it's a preference but certainly not a must. It's always a plus if siblings' names sound great together, but it shouldn't be as big of a deal as some people make it.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

I started to put together my ultimate sibset once, but found I wasn't choosing my favourite names, I was choosing names that went well together. I think the most important thing is that, if you have four children, you choose four names you love. If they go well together then great, if not, oh well.
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Albert - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

I don't really care about sibsets, in the sense that they should be of the same style, origin, etc. Do Willow and Veda 'go' together. Probably not. For me, they have the same feeling, though, and I think that's what I look for. In my signature are 10 names that I love, and they probably don't go with Willow or Veda either! Solomon definitely doesn't match, but we love it!! In the end, what connects the names I've used, and will use in the future, is that I absolutely love them. And shouldn't that be the goal, whether they match or not, to give your children names that you absolutely adore?

Yeah it does matter to me, which it didnt cause it would make naming a lot easier! haha. But i have a certain style and popularity level in my names that I like to stick to. the whole sib set thing factors into how much I like a name and if it feels right. I have a handful of names that I love and that go great with my other children's names ( which I love as well).
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!