Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think Townsend is just a little bit too much of a surname for my taste (although I LOVE Townes) I really love Jonas and Clive! Clive Townsend would be really nice and he could still be Townes!
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose

For variations that still honor:

Townly
    Townes
    Towley
    Towens

You could always play with the letters to give it a newer look and make it not stand out as a surname.
    Good luck and congratulations!

I think Townsend would be best left as a middle name. Frederick Townsend would be an amazing choice.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I'm not loving Townsend or Townes, it just doesn't have the right rhythm for a first name. But in your position I'd absolutely use it in the middle. Edmund Townsend is a lot of -nd, but i kind of like it anyway. Jonah Townsend also sounds good to me.

Well I can see it both ways, since my last name is indeed Townsend. My husband's 3 brothers are in the military and where my husband works, all of them are called by their last name. So it is usable. If it helps here are some of their names and mine that might spark some ideas. Steven, Logan, Lee, Chase, Zachary, Kael, Jeremy, Gabriel, and Robert.
    Last edited by townsend2787; June 4th, 2013 at 05:07 PM.
    Lily Elizabeth 08/08/08 - Chase Steven 01/28/10 - Zack Francis 12/21/12 - Baby Boy 07/04/14
    Current Contenders: *HAVE NO CLUE*
    My little girl "name" in waiting: *Isla Josephine*