Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hi Javad, I'm enjoying your name journey! You put so much thought and consideration into your choices.

1 Aurelio - lush, romantic and dashing with a lovely meaning. The l's aren't ideal but I've heard worse. I think the name is different enough from Rayhan. If your wife and sister share the same first character, then I wouldn't worry about your boys sharing them either.

2 Oisin - This name is a great "fit" with your four top contenders - Emrys, Jasper, Evander, Amias. Oisin Brandt sounds wonderful.

3 Soren - I'm seeing this name a lot lately so I'm feeling it has a trendy vibe and this is probably due to its popular "n" ending. With your surname, it sounds like "sore n' lucky".

4 Enoch - I don't mind this Blbical name but it doesn't sound good with the last name. It's very abrupt and I don't think it's the same style as your other contenders.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I would vote against doing Aurelio... like you said, you could have Ruihan and Ruiliu, however, if you had another son, you'd be stuck. After all, if you use the same 2nd character for 2 kids, you must do it for the others... So are there any other Rui names you really like? I do love Enoch, but not with your surname. My main concern with Oisin would be that I never would've guessed that's how it is pronounced. However, this would be my #2...

Clearly, I'd vote for Soren. The interesting thing that I'm looking into is why that general was a Suren-Pahlavi, as Pahlavi was also the surname of the Shah Ali Reza Pahlavi. There has to be more to the history than what I'm piecing together... Also, I appreciate that Javad is a Farsi name, and so is Soren/ Suren. I also think Soren and Rayhan pair nicely. But I am quite biased... I like what Blade said about the meaning in Romanian (see, it's collecting good meanings ).
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I like Soren the best, but still prefer Amias from your options... It's one of my favorite names!
    Favorite Girls' Names: Anthea, Harriet, Vera, Fairfax
    Favorite Boys' Names: Hartley, Clyde, Amias, Ambrose

I love how much thought you put into finding the perfect fit

My personal fave of those 4 suggestions would have to be Soren, though i'm loving Blade's suggestion to change it to Sorin for the better meaning if that's important to you. Sorin Brandt 'Lucky' or Sorin Edward 'Lucky' are both very handsome.
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

Ok, I'm rethinking it due to Mischa's comment about sore 'n lucky... that could be an issue. Oisin might be my next vote. By the way, can you tell me what Chinese name you found that corresponds to Soren? This may be useful in the future...

On another note, have you considered any Bo- names. There are a few nice 'bo' characters for males in Chinese, and you might be able to make it work in both... Boen, Bowen, etc. I also stumbled across Boman (not sure whether or not you could ever find a nice Chinese name with a 'man' :P), and Nameberry says it means 'great mind' in Persian. Haven't asked DH about it yet to cross-check, but I'm just throwing it out there...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina