26 59.09%
  • %Francine

31 70.45%
  • %Mallory

12 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dated Names Tournament - Girls Quarterfinals

Here's the third round for the girls in my Dated Names Tournament (we're down to eight, so finally they're all in one thread; the last round's sets are here and here). Vote for one name with each symbol in the poll, and the winners from each pair will move on to the semifinals about a week and a half from now (as always the poll will run for one week, but since by then we'll be able to do both genders together I'll wait until the boy's quarterfinals are done).

This round's match-ups are:
    Cynthia vs. Holly
    Helen vs. Laura
    Bonnie vs. Jane
    Francine vs. Mallory

I'm very surprised that you consider some of these names dated! Some are actually trending in my area and others I would consider classic.

Quote Originally Posted by auntanne1122 View Post
    I'm very surprised that you consider some of these names dated! Some are actually trending in my area and others I would consider classic.
    These are all picks from a set nominated by our fellow Berries a few weeks ago. Are you from outside the U.S. (or in a non-Anglophone country for that matter)? If so, that may be why you see the trends differently. On the other hand as the tournament progresses the more classic (albeit less popular than in the past, which was the main criterion for eligibility) ones are more likely to survive since they probably have more appeal than the more time-stamped names.

*bump* Also, if you haven't voted in the boy's sets from the last round you have about two more days (from the time of this post) to do so.

*another bump*

ETA: The boy's set for this round is also up now.
    Last edited by namefan; May 31st, 2013 at 07:29 PM.