Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

nn for Elena Catherine?

Oh hi, it's me again. I think I may lose my mind over this whole girl name issue, haha!

DH and I went through the top 1000 names for girls and marked off all of the ones we didn't like...which didn't leave very many. I feel like we have looked at every other possible name and we just don't love any of them more than Elena Catherine V. We talked to some other family members, including my brother and SIL, and they said the whole Delana and Elena issue (my niece is Delana) didn't matter and to use what name we love. (The only one who seems to mind is my mom...). Plus, Elena Catherine gets way more positive reactions than our other choices.

So, we were thinking that we could just let my family call her a nn? We were thinking Elle, Ella, or Elena Cate? I really like Elena Cate, but again, friend's baby's name is Emmie Kate... does everyone else run into this issue of knowing someone with similar names, etc? Does it bother you?
    Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

Boys: Elijah ~ Felix ~ Damon ~ Titus ~ Levi ~ Grayson ~ Declan ~ Dalton ~ Milo

Lena is a great nickname for Elena that's less common than Ellie/Ella, and would help distinguish Elena from Delana.

How close are you with your friend? Will your girls be growing up with each other? If so, then I wouldn't use Elena Cate.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor heaven "lena" ~ vivienne ailsa ~ felicity emma "fay" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

They call my niece 'Lana' (lane-ah) so lena is too close, which is why we were looking at E nicknames. I talk to my friend on the phone a lot, but I haven't even seen her baby since she was born over a year ago.
    Girls: Matilda ~ Cordelia ~ Elena ~ Violet ~ Emilia ~ Catherine ~ Charlotte ~ Aurelia ~ Elaine ~ Lila

any other thoughts/ideas?

I have an Elena as well. Still love the name 7 years after choosing it! NNs will happen organically after baby is born. We call our daughter "E" and "Lane" a lot. Other relatives call her laney bug.