Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I love just Pixie by herself! However...it is quite a big name to live up to even though technically its used describes a little person I agree it works wonderfully for Pixie Geldof... but she has an impish beauty and mega famous parents! I think on the right child it could be amazing bit it also could potentially be very awkward!!.
    There isn't really any specific names that intuitively give the nn Pixie.... I think Seraphina Pixie nn Pixie works really well or use it in the middle with any name and use it as a nn! Or you could just use it as a nn for Penelope or another P name. I have heard it suggested as a nn for Josephine before too... Though again.. Not necessarily very intuitive! You could also do a combo like Pearl Beatrix but its a little forced that way!

you could also go with the more classic Beatrix - Trixie - Pixie.
    Or anything with the ix in it. I think it would work.

Oh wait I just realized Fluzie suggested Pearl Beatrix which is a great idea.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

When on name forums, it's hard to remember how popular a name really is.

149 girls last year were named Seraphina (100 were named Serafina). That's not even close to the top 1000, even with combined spellings.

From your signature, if you do conceive in November 2013, than the baby would be born in the middle of 2014. It would be next to impossible for Seraphina to hit it big by then.

Go with the name you love, regardless of popularity. In this case, popularity is non existent, so you have nothing to worry about.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

Seraphina may be popular in the Nameberry world but I don't think you should worry about the outside world. Serendipity means a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise". I guess a lot of children are conceived unexpectedly but I don't know if I would want to be reminded of that fact everytime I thought of my name. I don't like Serendipity (it's more the dipity part which makes me think of hair gel aka dippity-do). Pixie is much too cutesy to take seriously. It's a haircut or a sprite. Seraphina would age much better!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Seraphina may be popular in the Nameberry world but I don't think you should worry about the outside world. Serendipity means a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise". I guess a lot of children are conceived unexpectedly but I don't know if I would want to be reminded of that fact everytime I thought of my name. I don't like Serendipity (it's more the dipity part which makes me think of hair gel aka dippity-do). Pixie is much too cutesy to take seriously. It's a haircut or a sprite. Seraphina would age much better!
    My thoughts exactly.