Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Valen/Valens for a girl or boy?

I quite like the names Valen and Valens... although I am not sure if I prefer them for a boy or a girl!

Whats your opinion...Do you like them? Which one is better?? And are they better for boy or girl?

Cheers?
    boys names drive me crazy!

I honestly love Valen. I had a friend several years ago who had a son named Valen, I remember thinking it was one cool name! I also like Vale/Vail for a boy, though, too. I can't really see Valen on a girl because of her son, but strangely enough, I sort of like Valens for a girl. Or you could do something like Valentina, which marks it firmly in the feminine camp, and use the nn Valen/Valens?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

The name makes me think of two people: Roman Emperor Valens and singer Richie Valens who sang the 50's song "La Bamba" and died in a plane crash with Buddy Holly. I can only see the name on a boy. It does remind me of drapery word "valance" so I don't have a great liking for the name.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Have to agree with the other posters. Valen/Valens is all boy for me. I love the suggestion of fn Valentina with nn of Valen though!
    D.S. lil Bam Bam

I prefer Valen to Valens. I like it and would definitely see it as a boys name. Vale is also great.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin