Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Opinions on these unique (imo) boys names!

Looking for HONEST ( even brutally honest) Opinions on these names..

Theron
    Lazarus
    Osias/Ozias
    Nicodemus
    Valens
    Pryor/Prior
    Cosmas
    Liev
    Sullivan ( how popular is this now??? I feel like I hear it everywhere but dont know any!)

Thanks!
    boys names drive me crazy!

The only one I honestly like is Sullivan. I also don't know any Sullivans...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Theron= Great name. Strong sound. Solid meaning. Only issue for me (but wouldn't be an issue for most people) is how similar it is to Theon (one of my least favorite characters from the Song of Fire and Ice (Game of Thrones) series).

Lazarus= I don't like it so much. Lorenzo is nice as a replacement. More of a 'heavy' Biblical feel to me.

Osias/Ozias= I like a lot. I prefer Osias, just cuz the 'z' looks out of place for some reason to me. Feels ancient in a good way, to me.

Nicodemus= Hmm. I'm very mediocre about it. Nico is a nice NN, but the name as a whole doesn't just quite hit the spot.

Valens= I don't like it. Feels like a LN that shouldn't be moved up to the FN spot.

Pryor/Prior= I don't like it. Feels like a word name ('before' or 'clergyman from a monastery')

Cosmas= I like it. I prefer Cosmo. Very 'outer space/sci-fi' feel to it, which I consider a good thing.

Liev= I prefer Lev. I like Lev a lot, Liev is more in the mediocre range for me.

Sullivan= I like it quite a lot, even though I don't like a lot of last-name-moved-to-first-name names. One of the reasons I like it so much is I think the NN Sully is pretty awesome (good association for me as well, a friend of mine who is a semi-famous slam poet goes by the name Sully, always made me like the NN more). I don't think it's overly popular or anything, I wouldn't worry about that. It's been moving up in popularity, but not into the crazy-common/trendy zone.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

anyone else want to chime in?
    boys names drive me crazy!

The only one I would consider is Sullivan - I don't know anyone with this name, so I don't think it's popular at all. Honestly, the rest are just way too out in left field for me. The child will constantly be explaining/spelling his name. To be brutally honest, the others just sound like you're trying too hard.
    Mom to Claire Roseline (3) and Ross Thomas (1)
    Expecting #3 in August