Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What's your favorite R name?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rafferty

8 22.86%
  • Rainier

3 8.57%
  • Raphael

11 31.43%
  • Raymond

2 5.71%
  • Roscoe

5 14.29%
  • Rudolph

0 0%
  • Rune

1 2.86%
  • Rupert

5 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I like Rainier best too from this list-- I think of older European/Mediterranean men with it (yeah, heavily influenced by The Thorn Birds)-- but I think it's workable for now for young kids too. Ray-neer is how I pronounce it. Rupert and Raphael would be my next favorites on your list. Other R names I like: Roland, Robert, Ralph (I've got to stick this one in now that I'm thinking of TTB), Ranulf, Randolph Ronan, Rufus, and Richard.

Rupert - I adore this name, it reminds me of the bear, which I think is a lovely connotation. Reuben is my favourite boys name and if they weren't so similar it would be a name on my list without a doubt.
    Rafferty - Again, I really like this name, to me it sounds so happy and bouncy and yet strong at the same time.
    Raymond - I knew a Raymond and he's quite lovely. I really like the nn Ray and also Moe at which point I start thinking of 'Five Guys Named Moe' Love it!
    Roscoe - Albeit, I see Roscoe, and I immediately think of scrubs, but regardless, I do like the name, and I like Ross which could be a nn variation.
    Rainier - I'm not all that sure on how I'm supposed to pronounce this, it's all the i's (I know there's only two but still, I'm confused).
    Raphael - I just feel nothing for this name, I don't like it nor dislike it, it's a nice enough name I guess.
    Rudolph - I love Rudy, and I think that it works well as a stand alone name, I know a Rudy. Rudolph however, primarily reminds me of the Reindeer, and then of Rudolf Hess, which is probably a sign that my History revision is working but isn't exactly the best of connotations.
    Rune - I don't even know. NMS.

@shleldsc: Thanks for your input and for voting!

@davlsellu: The description you've mentioned makes Rainier all the more appealing! I'm starting to love it all the more. I also really love Ranulf and Richard. I don't know how I could have forgotten the two! Thanks for your comment and voting.

@littleredone: Thank for your comment.

I didn't know if Rupert Bear was a negative connection. I'm glad you don't think so.
    I agree with you about Rafferty. You put it so perfectly in a way I couldn't. Happy and bouncy and yet strong. It makes me love it all the more.
    I'm glad you like Raymond. Most people dismiss it as a grandfathers name, which I don't think is a bad thing at all!
    I love Scrubs and the nn. Ross for Roscoe.
    Rainier may cause confusion with pronounciation. I say Rainier: Ray-nuh.
    I see what your saying with Rudolph and Rune. I didn't think of Hess when thinking of Rudolph. My childhood friend was "Rudy" Rudolph.

I quite like both Rupert and Roscoe. They seem very wearable to me.