Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: What's your favorite R name?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rafferty

8 22.86%
  • Rainier

3 8.57%
  • Raphael

11 31.43%
  • Raymond

2 5.71%
  • Roscoe

5 14.29%
  • Rudolph

0 0%
  • Rune

1 2.86%
  • Rupert

5 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I like Rainier best too from this list-- I think of older European/Mediterranean men with it (yeah, heavily influenced by The Thorn Birds)-- but I think it's workable for now for young kids too. Ray-neer is how I pronounce it. Rupert and Raphael would be my next favorites on your list. Other R names I like: Roland, Robert, Ralph (I've got to stick this one in now that I'm thinking of TTB), Ranulf, Randolph Ronan, Rufus, and Richard.

Rupert - I adore this name, it reminds me of the bear, which I think is a lovely connotation. Reuben is my favourite boys name and if they weren't so similar it would be a name on my list without a doubt.
    Rafferty - Again, I really like this name, to me it sounds so happy and bouncy and yet strong at the same time.
    Raymond - I knew a Raymond and he's quite lovely. I really like the nn Ray and also Moe at which point I start thinking of 'Five Guys Named Moe' Love it!
    Roscoe - Albeit, I see Roscoe, and I immediately think of scrubs, but regardless, I do like the name, and I like Ross which could be a nn variation.
    Rainier - I'm not all that sure on how I'm supposed to pronounce this, it's all the i's (I know there's only two but still, I'm confused).
    Raphael - I just feel nothing for this name, I don't like it nor dislike it, it's a nice enough name I guess.
    Rudolph - I love Rudy, and I think that it works well as a stand alone name, I know a Rudy. Rudolph however, primarily reminds me of the Reindeer, and then of Rudolf Hess, which is probably a sign that my History revision is working but isn't exactly the best of connotations.
    Rune - I don't even know. NMS.

@shleldsc: Thanks for your input and for voting!

@davlsellu: The description you've mentioned makes Rainier all the more appealing! I'm starting to love it all the more. I also really love Ranulf and Richard. I don't know how I could have forgotten the two! Thanks for your comment and voting.

@littleredone: Thank for your comment.

I didn't know if Rupert Bear was a negative connection. I'm glad you don't think so.
    I agree with you about Rafferty. You put it so perfectly in a way I couldn't. Happy and bouncy and yet strong. It makes me love it all the more.
    I'm glad you like Raymond. Most people dismiss it as a grandfathers name, which I don't think is a bad thing at all!
    I love Scrubs and the nn. Ross for Roscoe.
    Rainier may cause confusion with pronounciation. I say Rainier: Ray-nuh.
    I see what your saying with Rudolph and Rune. I didn't think of Hess when thinking of Rudolph. My childhood friend was "Rudy" Rudolph.

I quite like both Rupert and Roscoe. They seem very wearable to me.
    Matilda, Vera, Beatrix, June, Eleanor, Cordelia, Adelaide, Elisabeth, Leona, Daphne, Kathryn

Edwin, Frederick, Calvin, Arthur, Walter, Rowan, Winston, Desmond, Keith, Robert