Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Names on TV?

The name came about long before The Vampire Diaries, so I wouldn't worry at all!
    Girls: Cordelia, Phoebe, Rose

Boys: Lucian, Alexander, Liam

I love Alaric, too! I quite honestly am sick of the whole vampire genre and put no stock in it whatsoever, so the association doesn't even figure in to me--I mean, sure, it comes from the show, but I really know nothing about the show, and I don't think a lot of people will make the connection. It's just a lovely name. I agree with @kathrynsarah - Alaric was around long before TVD was!

I've never seen The Vampire Diaries, but I've always liked the name Alaric. And I don't think anyone would make that connection unless they watch the show. I'm a teenager and I don't watch the Vampire Diaries, and I've only met one person who does. I know, the vampire shows are stealing all the good names and now we're all afraid that people will think we like the name just because of the show. It sucks. I've liked Alaric for a long time and I don't think you should be worried about the Vampire Diaries connection.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Natalia | Nicoletta | Jane | Alice |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Nico | Tobias | Samuel | Orion | Leo | James | Jason |

Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Cleo | Elizabeth | Miriam | Susannah | Sylvia | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

I really love Alaric and the connection to TVD just makes it cooler for me, as I'm a bit obsessed. There are some delightfully named characters on the show!

My obsession aside, it's a great name and I don't think it's necessarily permanently attached to TVD.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Not too connected to the show, and it's a show that will fade from cultural consciousness within a few years anyway, so definitely doesn't need to be a deal breaker. And as has been mentioned, it's a name with a long and rich history, been around since long before the show.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...