Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Names on TV?

Names on TV?

How "bad" is it to use a name (an uncommon one) used on an apparently popular television show? The name is Alaric, which I absolutely adore, but it's on a teenage-type show called "The Vampire Diaries", which I guess is fairly popular.

Any thoughts on this?

I'm a teen and I didn't even know that! I think you shouldn't be scared to use it, then. ^^
    Proud creator of
    Emmanuelle, Leo Elliot, Eli Cecil, Skylla, Hian, Jules, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~

Oh I love Alaric and I would love to use it! I have watched Vampire Diaries from the beginning and I don't care if people made the connection. The character's last name is my maiden name, so I think that is another reason I like the name. I do not like his nickname, Rick. Ugh. I wouldn't like the nickname Al either. That is the only reason why I would hesitate to use the name.
    He was a great character. The character is deceased, so it may not be that big of a deal anymore.
    So what if that is where you heard the name. Use it if you love it.

If you eliminate names used on popular TV shows you will eliminate a lot of names. I wouldn't worry about it, seriously.

I think Alaric is a powerful name with a long history that can definitely transcend TVD. I love the show, and have watched it from season one. Alaric's character was killed off in season three, so give it a year or two and no one will even remember the association
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu