Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Names on TV?

Names on TV?

How "bad" is it to use a name (an uncommon one) used on an apparently popular television show? The name is Alaric, which I absolutely adore, but it's on a teenage-type show called "The Vampire Diaries", which I guess is fairly popular.

Any thoughts on this?

I'm a teen and I didn't even know that! I think you shouldn't be scared to use it, then. ^^
    Proud creator of Emmanuelle, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

~Femke Yvaine, Andromeda Dragomir, Lavender Signe, Sage Amaryllis, Winter Willow~
    ~Alexander Ludwig, Lionel Fairfax, Story Oswald, Flannery Fox, Vale Valkyrie~

Oh I love Alaric and I would love to use it! I have watched Vampire Diaries from the beginning and I don't care if people made the connection. The character's last name is my maiden name, so I think that is another reason I like the name. I do not like his nickname, Rick. Ugh. I wouldn't like the nickname Al either. That is the only reason why I would hesitate to use the name.
    He was a great character. The character is deceased, so it may not be that big of a deal anymore.
    So what if that is where you heard the name. Use it if you love it.

If you eliminate names used on popular TV shows you will eliminate a lot of names. I wouldn't worry about it, seriously.

I think Alaric is a powerful name with a long history that can definitely transcend TVD. I love the show, and have watched it from season one. Alaric's character was killed off in season three, so give it a year or two and no one will even remember the association
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Ender _____ ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Fawn or Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ and second-guessing River Selene

GPs
    Cirina Wryn, Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Parthenia Nyx, Astoria, Illyria, Gwyneira, Farasha, Serafina, Senara, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Hawthorne, Kenshin, Bastion, Remiel, Atreyu