Names Searched Right Now:

Thoughts about...Edwin!

Two questions about the name Edwin...

Recently, I got two lovely cats (no, this is not a post about naming cats...let me finish...). I decided that I mustn't name them anything I'd later want to use for a child (for this reason, I already can't use Penelope, Sidney or Rupert...I wasn't about to curse myself again!). After much thought, I settled on Edgar (my partner named the other cat Theo). Edgar is a name I'd never use for a human child, but find charming and amusing on a cat. Perfect! Or so I thought...

Then, I fell inexplicably in love with...Edwin. For a child, not a cat. Now, I'm nowhere near having kids (probably another 3ish years to go...), but obviously my little Edgar would still be around by then. Would it be weird to be named Edwin, and grow up with a pet named Edgar? (I won't change Edgar's name...).

Next question...what would you name a brother or sister of Edwin? You can cheat and check out my signature (what goes best?), or come up with some inspirations that you think match Edwin, stylistically. I'd love some insight on this.

So Berries...thoughts and opinions on the name Edwin? Sibling names?

Thanks!
    Last edited by claireelise; May 27th, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

Ah the proverbial shooting yourself in the foot when you use a name you love on a pet - guilty as charged here! I named my cat Lily after my fave flower, and then kicked myself for it because I later realised I had to take that name off my list for a future daughter. I did however add Calla in Lily's place though, same flower but way cooler name, so it did force me to think outside the box!

In this case, unless you nn both Edwin & Edgar Ed or Eddie it should be fine - it's kinda cute actually!
    Mummy of One:

Dominic Jameson: 3rd November 2013

Thanks anniemarie for your input! I don't think I would have minded sharing a name...sort of...with a cat when I was a kid. And great example with Lily/Calla... I love the name Calla myself.

Also, your boys' name list in your signature is fantastic (and Rosalie Rae is just too cute for words!).

I think you could use Edwin and that Edwin and Nora would be darling siblings.

Thanks bonnielyn...Nora is definitely one of my favourites from my girls' list at the moment. I could see myself using Nora and Edwin.

Any other suggestions or ideas Berries?