Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage M names

Vintage M names

In our name search so far, the most prevalent theme seems to be vintagey, old-fashioned M names for girls...Yes, I think a lot of them are fairly trendy now? (That's okay, but we don't want the next Ava if it can be avoided.)
    Trying to decide which one or two we like best, because they sort of knock each other out as future sister names.

Matilda nn Tillie, Tilda
    Margaret nn Maggie, Maisie, Margo
    Margot
    Magnolia nn Maggie, May
    Mabel nn May

Middle Name options:
    Irene
    Elise
    Deborah
    Inge
    (family names...the first two I like with almost all the above names. Deborah seems harder to fit.)

(For reference, other girls names we like are Naomi, Josephine, Winnifred, Anneliese...)

So, what do you think? Out of all the Ms, which are best? And with which middles? Could you imagine using any two in the same family? (I thought maybe Matilda with one of the others, because of the T nn.)

I like Mabel Elise.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

Matilda, Margaret, Margot and Mabel are getting popular but I wouldn't call them trendy (eg. let's face it - there an aquired taste and very removed from trendy names like Madison, Madelyn, Mackenzie, McKinley etc...). Magnolia is a nature name so that one may be the only one that I would define as moderately trendy. Magnolia is still pretty rare as are the others. You just may see these names a lot on Nameberry more than the real world. I think my favourite is Matilda and personally I wouldn't have another "M" name for another child (they can be used in the middle spot). Matilda and Josephine would make an awesome duo for siblings!

I like...

Matilda Irene
    Margaret Elise
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Magnolia also has the nicknames Nola and Nollie. I much prefer them to Maggie and May. I like May, but not as a nickname for Magnolia.
    I love Tillie and Tilda, but I do not like Matilda at all.
    My favorite nickname for Margaret is Meg. If you like vintage, there is also the possibility of Peg and Peggy.
    So, yes, I think some of them could work well as sisters.
    Middles Irene and Elise work best.

Margot and Magnolia are my favourite from your list. They are vintage, but still have a unique flare...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina