Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I want to change MY name

My parents are Indian. I'm sick of having my unpronounceable first name butchered by other people. My last name is "Rao" -- 19 yr old male. Kindly suggest some names that won't look weird on an Indian person, but at the same time, be easily pronounceable...

Before you say anything, you have no idea the kind of crap I have to go through on a daily basis. It's high time that I fix my parent's nonsensical naming.

Thanks in advance.

My heartfelt advice is to select something that's a derivative or nickname or single syllable of your current first name.

If that's impossible-- Since your username is arao, I'm going to assume your first name starts with A. I think in Hindu astrology parents are told that it is particularly auspicious to name the child something beginning with a particular letter-- you know, A is lucky for this one, M is lucky for another, etc. so perhaps to make thins easier for your family, assuming they subscribe to Hindu astrology, pick a nice short A name. Arun, Anil, Anik, Arjun, Ajit, Asim, etc.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

My parents are secular-- they don't believe in astrology (well maybe my mom kind of does). That being said, I kind of like "Arun" and "Anil," thank you. Any others (beginning with any letter) that matches a last name starting with "R?"

I think it's something that you need to spend a long time looking for. You don't want to make a mistake, and then be stuck with a really bad name. But really, I think you can use any name. Just find one you like, then before you legally change your name, use it for a few weeks. Everyone you meet, introduce yourself as the new name and see how it works. Have everyone you talk to call you by the new name, and if you still like it after a few weeks, then change your name.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I like Arun also. - I quite like Hamish.

I looked up indian names and some that sprung out not being too unusual but suitable for pronouncing. Below:-

Ajay - My personal fave.
    Ahmed
    Amar
    Ashraf
    Barun
    Cole
    Cyril - Probably slightly older but I thought i'd throw it out there.
    Damian
    Daniel
    Deep
    Devan
    Dylan
    Eashan
    Faarooq
    Giles
    Glen
    Habib
    Hans
    Iman