Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Girls Name Needed

Hi all! I posted a while back about the names we were thinking about for our daughter. With your help we had it narrowed down to Caroline (Callie) and Diana (Dani) after a lot of thought and back and forth between the two, neither of them seemed right. It might be the hormones clouding my judgment but somehow I just feel there's a better name we're overlooking. Any and all help or advice would be appreciated!

Just some background: My sons names are Nathaniel Hayes (Nate) and Tucker James. We aren't finding out the sex of the baby but if he's a boy, he'll be named Wesley Daniel. My husband and I are very picky and generally don't see eye to eye on names. We've discovered a few names we can both agree on, but they each have hesitations-

Lila- would she get lost with the popular Lily and Lillian?
    Josie- is it too nicknamey? Neither of us are crazy about Josephine
    Blythe- too out there? or too hard to say?

what do you guys think? am I over thinking this? like I said- ANY advice would be so appreciated!

Caroline nn Callie - Timeless, elegant, lovely, with a nickname that she can wear well as a child and adult.
    Diana nn Dani - Feels dated I would assume she was 25+ years old.
    Lila- Sadly, yes, I think her name would feel less unique because of all the Lilys, Lillians, and Laylas. That for me personally is not enough to deter me from saying this is my favorite name on your list and the name I would choose if I were in your shoes.
    Josie- Sorry, yes it is too nicknamey.
    Blythe- Lovely. For me, it's not as feminine as Caroline or Lila, which I think are your better options.

For you, I think your best options are:
    1. Caroline nn Callie
    2. Lila (though it is my fave from your list, I think it will bother you that she will be surrounded by Lilys, Lillians, and Laylas)
    3. Blythe
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

I like Lila with Nathaniel and Tucker. I don't think it'll get lost. To me Lila seems like a breath of fresh air compared to Lily and Lillian. Lila seems like it just fits with your boys names IMO.

I don't really think a Lila would be lost. But I don't really think Lily or Lillian would be either so we may just have different feels for this. If you're worried, I'd keep looking.

Josie is pretty nickname. It's a very nice name but I think people will assume she's a Josephine a lot. It could work as a nickname for Joan, Joanna, or Johanna, or Jocelyn if you like those. Especially with an S or C or Z middle name maybe.

Blythe - I find Blythe pretty out there and challenging, especially with your sons' more straightforward names.

All of the names you like have either a long O or long I sound. With that in mind, a list of suggestions:

Chloe
    Clementine
    Cleo
    Dinah
    Eloise
    Eliza
    Fiona
    Iona
    Ione
    Iris
    Isla
    Ivy
    Joanna (also shares some sound space with Diana)
    Johanna (see above)
    Lilac
    Leona
    Leonie
    Liza
    Lola
    Lois
    Myla
    Naomi
    Opal
    Ramona
    Rosa
    Rose (I also think a J name with Rose as a middle name might make it to Josie via Rosie?)
    Rosalie
    Rowan
    Rowena
    Simone
    Sophie
    Valentine
    Viola
    Violet
    Zoe

I'm liking Jo(h)anna Simone nn Josie.

If you could find a full name for Josie, I think it would work perfectly. Nate, Tucker and Josie are absolutely perfect! Maybe Johannah for a full name?

Caroline nn Callie is also perfect! It works well with your other children's names, it has a cute nn, and it has a mature-sounding full name if she decides as an adult to use it.

I do like Lila, but if you are even just a tiny bit concerned about popularity(an the popularity of similar names) you should probably drop it. Maybe Lola, Delilah or Lucy?

Blythe might be a bit much for a little girl. I also don't see a Blythe as a sibling for Nate or Tucker. Diana seems way too dated.

My favorites are Caroline and Josie(with a full name)! Good luck!
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!