Names Searched Right Now:

Advice about realiabilty HPT after embryo transfer

Well today is one week after my embryo transfer and I couldn't wait any longer and took a home pregnancy test.

Before we get too excited has anyone had experience if this is too early. It was a frozen embryo transfer in a natural cycle so no chance of leftover HCG from other drugs.

Technically today I'm 3 weeks 5 days. Should I be doing a happy dance yet? I have to wait another week for my HCG blood test.
    Last edited by milenaviolet; May 27th, 2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

I've I many IVF cycles and have never had a posititve turn to a negative, HCG isn't present unless your pregnant. I would be excited but I always felt cautious too, as when you have had difficulty getting pregnant it seems to good to be true. I took a HPT when I was expecting my boys six days before I was scheduled for the official blood test and got a strong postive (it changed really quickly) b/c my hcg was higher b/c it was twins. Lots of luck!!

Los Angeles
    Yes! It is only possible to havea positive if the embryos implanted and the trophoblast started secreting HCG. Congrats!
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Allaire * Emmanuelle * Honora * Hyacinthe * Lysandra * Marina * Rosamond * Serena * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lucian * Marius * Quentin * Rainier * Silvan

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ / Altair _ Faraj _ Tariq

Congrats! I hope your blood test goes well :-)
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Thank you so much for responding!!

I'm unbelievably happy but as wildrose said you get a bit cautious with these things.

Lets pray it keeps growing along