Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your pre-labor experience

I'm wondering what everyone experienced in the days before labor?

Did your baby drop visibly or noticeably?
    Did symptoms like heartburn or anything change?
    Nausea/vomiting/diarrhea that came on before later but wasn't generally a 3rd tri symptom for you?
    Increased braxton hicks or irregular contractions?
    Mood swings? Extreme tiredness, irritability, or bursts of energy?
    Anything else?
    Did you realize you were in labor before your water broke or you lost your mucus plug (which I realize doesn't always occur right before labor)?

(I'm talking about symptoms that appeared a week or a few days before labor that weren't there before).
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

I had a few twinges and aches for maybe a week or 10 days before it really got started. I didn't notice the baby dropping or getting lower, i actually carried very high right up until the last minute i think. I did notice a difference in her movements though, they slowed down a bit, which freaked me out a bit, but the midwife reassured me that was normal. The plug came out about 4 days before it all started. Then i woke up one night with contractions, but they were irregular and, although they were more painful and insistent then b.hicks, they weren't unbearable. So after a call to the midwife and a few deep breaths, i just took some paracetamol and got a hot water bottle and managed to get a bit more sleep. This actually went on for a couple of days, i was just at home having baths and trying to stay calm! It all worked out fine in the end though.

How are you feeling, leadmythoughts? I see your due date is quite close now!
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

I had none of those symptoms until my water broke one morning. No dropping, no Braxton Hicks, no mucus plug, nothing!

@freya55 - I'm feeling pretty well, despite the horrendous heartburn! I'm having no "symptoms" of pre-labor, except really inconsistent braxton hicks.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

My son was born on a Monday, and I had diarrhea and a feeling of general "peakiness" the weekend before. I felt much better on Monday, the actual day I gave birth, though. Throughout the day, while at work, I had intermittent cramps that I thought might be contractions, but when I tried to keep track of them, there was no pattern. My first unmistakable contraction occurred that night about 5 minutes after a visit to the bathroom where I discovered I was bleeding lightly. (Even then I didn't believe it. I kept insisting it was just gas pains--gas pains following a predictable every-four-minutes pattern, but whatever. For some reason, it just never occurred to me he would come before my due date. I was on the phone with my boss, telling him I was going in to get checked, but I was sure it was nothing and I'd be in the office tomorrow, when my water mid-sentence. No more denial after that!)

There was no change to my heartburn or mood before the big day, and I never experienced much in the way of Braxton Hicks.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra