Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Commitment issues

Did any berries have or are still having commitment issues to a particular name? I feel like I've been dipping my toes in each of our choices, but, to be truthful, I don't know if I love any of them! We have a very mixed and undefinable style. Unisex names, nature names, especially floral names, and the occasional vintage classic. Can I please get some suggestions? I don't want answers to be swayed my our current list because, like I said, I don't LOVE any of them! Here are some names we like but some are off limits because they've already been used:

Catherine "Katie" - My best friends daughter is Katherine nn Katie.
    Violet- There was a girl we grew up with named Violet and we called her Violent Violet because she was just that.
    Sophie- My god-daughter.
    Willow- Our son is Milo, they're too similar
    Autumn- DH's cousin

Some names we like:
    Lily
    Ellie- We need a full name for this, Eleanor is already being used by a friend, don't particularly like Elena
    Hope
    Mila
    Reese
    Quinn
    Cassidy "Cassie"
    Cadence
    Rosalie- Too "Twilight"?
    Eilidh- Wouldn't do well in America, but we love the sound. What would be an "Americanized" version that doesn't seem tacky or trendy? This also honors both of our cultures.

Thanks berries.
    Mom to two beautiful boys Milo Joseph and Caleb Edward with a girl on the way

Magnolia Bowen Coralie | Luna Margaret Coralie | Poppy Susanna Lee | Flora Margot Caroline | Willa Bowen Coraline | Georgia Bowen Coraline | Elizabeth Cora Suellen "Bess"

Leo Jacob Redmond | Dashiell Elias Peter | Madison Lee | Otto Philip | Oscar Gregory Todd | Bohan Lee Matteo | Beau Thomas Matteo

Milo and Caleb (b. 5/2/12)

Love the name Rosalie, not too twilight, and just lovely. Adore the nn Rosie too. Naming is hard, lots of luck!!
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Eilidh is my favorite. The difficult spelling is part of what makes it beautiful, IMO. I suppose you could do Ailey, like Alvin Ailey, but it really doesn't have the same sparkle.

Eilidh Quinn
    Eilidh Willow (less hard-edged modern than Quinn, and I don't find Willow too close to Milo at all, in the middle spot.)

Not Coralie? Such a beautiful name!

I love your boys' names, very handsome.

From your list I like Quinn and Reese, I think Quinn fits in best with your boys. You are right, your style is sort of all over the place.

Have you considered:

Wren
    Elizabeth
    Gabrielle
    Avery
    Delaney
    Elspeth
    Sylvie
    Meredith

My favorite is Elizabeth Wren