Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Eva - classic or trendy?

I know it's been increasing in popularity in recent years, but I still view it as a classic name with a lot of beauty. But will it be a name that dates her to a child of the 2010s in future, or be a perennial classic?

Also, how likely do you think the nn Evie is?

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I think it's hard to say whether Eva will stick around or bottom out. I could see all of the Ev/Av names being associated with this time period, as it is such a dominant sound. Then again, Eva is used in classic literature, and thus could appeal to parents in every generation.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas and Annabel Hope
    <>
    TTC #3 Violet Kristine or Owen Christopher

I thought the use of Eva was pretty trendy until I found out I had a great aunt Eva born around 1900. Now I think of it as more of a classic name. As t nicknames, I think Evie can be avoided, definitely. My friend plays a character on our website named Eva for about eight years and no one has ever called her Evie.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

I love the name Eva so I may be biased but I think it is a very classic name! It's one of those names I wish people would stop using because I don't want it to become über-popular!

favorite names:

Jane Cosima or Jane Casimira | Fiona Carys Ann | Gwyneth Carissa or Gwyneth Cosima|
    Naomi | Thea | Evangeline | Teagan | Louisa

Owen Drake or Owen Casimir | Benjamin Drake | Bennett Dylan | Asher | Dylan | Griffin| Nolan | Everett | Reid | Drake | Odin | Kieran

Eva's beautiful. A good friend of mine is using it for her daughter, and I think it's more classic than trendy. Evie as a given name is trendy.
    My two bundles of love, Dominic Joseph and Tabitha Faye