Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Loving this nickname + nature association, what do you think?

Hi Berries! So I have a beautiful little newborn named Eloise Ruby . I use both of her names quite often (not as a double name or anything, just as a type of nickname) and thinking of adding "Eloise Rue" to the mix as well, it flows really nicely for me. Also just found out that Rue is a garden plant so another great nature association. Just wondering if it would be weird...like I was using a different name or if it's a cute little shortening. I also like Lola Rue, but for right now it's Eloise all the way...I just love her full name too much to shorten that part yet, haha. Thanks!
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

Eloise Rue feels a little overwrought to me, from Eloise Ruby.. It's a name complete in itself. I'd probably just do Eloise Ru, or maybe Rue without the Eloise as a nickname (borrowing the E, Rue as a full name.) Do you expect to be writing out the nickname often, or just speaking it? Nothing wrong with Eloise Rue- very pretty indeed. It just feels removed from Ruby to me.

Thanks! Good question, nah I won't be writing the name out ever, when I do, it will be Eloise or Eloise Ruby...I would only use Eloise Ru when calling her name sometimes. . What a great idea though to have Rue as a nn! Ru from her mn and then borrowing the E from Eloise. I really like that as an option too.
    Me + hubby = One prince and two little princesses <3 <3 <3. So in love with our family and our new little pink bundle!!

Well if you don't expect to be writing it out, you can think of the spelling any old way you wish. If it calls up pleasant images of kangaroos hopping through herb gardens for you, all the better.

Haha, I just like nature names is all and I think Eloise Ru flows easily. But yeah, I would just be saying the name, so glad u think it works!