Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wink southern names that can grow

I was just wondering if you all had any "southern" names that you've heard of, that can start off cute, but grow into a beautiful adult name?

My first daughter is named Eloise Anne Claire, and my husband is really loving Avaleen (or some form of that name) for our soon to be here second daughter.

What are your thoughts here, and suggestion as well! Thanks

Avaleen is interesting. What about Abeline, Adeline, or Adelaide? Here are some southern names:
    Susannah
    Magnolia
    Lily
    Iris
    Blythe
    Arabella
    Pearl
    Mom to two beautiful boys Milo Joseph and Caleb Edward with a girl on the way

Magnolia Bowen Coralie | Luna Margaret Coralie | Poppy Susanna Lee | Flora Margot Caroline | Willa Bowen Coraline | Georgia Bowen Coraline | Elizabeth Cora Suellen "Bess"

Leo Jacob Redmond | Dashiell Elias Peter | Madison Lee | Otto Philip | Oscar Gregory Todd | Bohan Lee Matteo | Beau Thomas Matteo

Milo and Caleb (b. 5/2/12)

Evangeline
    Annabel
    PP suggested Magnolia

Both great nn potential, but solid names too.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

Whenever someone says they want a Southern girl's name, the first name that comes to mind is Caroline. It's beautiful, elegant, versatile, and well-loved in the South. I love the nickname Callie too.

Avaleen is nice, but the -leen ending is very dated. Do you think you could talk him into Aveline? Emmeline, Susannah, Charlotte, Willa, Emma, Louisa, Mary, and Margaret are other ideas.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe