Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help needed for my 1980's-born female lead

Hi, everybody. I am participating in Camp NaNoWriMo, a July spin-off of November's 50,000 word challenge. I have everything figured out... Except for my main female character's name.

She was born in 1982. I don't mind where she was born, but by 1998, she is living in Hawaii. It doesn't have to be a traditional Hawiian name, but I wouldn't be against it. Also, her parents are not the type to worry about name trends at all, so don't worry about how popular or otherwise it would be.

This character is a homeschooling 'unschooler.' She doesn't do well with pressure, but excels independently. She was failing in traditional schools. But once she was on her own, she became multi-lingual (just for fun), started to bloom in math and science areas, and pursued many hobbies. Therefore, I need a name that sounds independent and unique, possibly tied to multiple cultures, and could fit many different images.

I haven't quite decided what she looks like yet. I tend to like to use the visual impression I get from the name. But I would like her to have brown hair, hazel eyes, a slight tan, and a tall, thicker build.

And now for my pickiest part of all. I can't have a name that starts with a C, K, or Sh. I'd like to avoid N's as well, but they'd still be okay, if the name is right. I would also like to avoid vowel endings. One or three syllables is preferable, but not necessary.

Some names I had previously considered were Sadie, Noelle, and Annabelle.

Thanks, everyone!
    Last edited by caroline11278; May 26th, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Non-mommy berry, but author of Trissa Wynn, Rigby Emerson, Colette, Noa, Roscoe, and Lilith

Laura was my first instinct. And it's spelt Hawaii by the way
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Maleekan
    Margrit
    Mashel
    Vuslat
    Vorawan

It's names from Denmark, so.. They are weird. xD
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & Hopefully little Alex (due Dec!)

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~

how about Elizabeth nn Beth?