Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help needed for my 1980's-born female lead

Hi, everybody. I am participating in Camp NaNoWriMo, a July spin-off of November's 50,000 word challenge. I have everything figured out... Except for my main female character's name.

She was born in 1982. I don't mind where she was born, but by 1998, she is living in Hawaii. It doesn't have to be a traditional Hawiian name, but I wouldn't be against it. Also, her parents are not the type to worry about name trends at all, so don't worry about how popular or otherwise it would be.

This character is a homeschooling 'unschooler.' She doesn't do well with pressure, but excels independently. She was failing in traditional schools. But once she was on her own, she became multi-lingual (just for fun), started to bloom in math and science areas, and pursued many hobbies. Therefore, I need a name that sounds independent and unique, possibly tied to multiple cultures, and could fit many different images.

I haven't quite decided what she looks like yet. I tend to like to use the visual impression I get from the name. But I would like her to have brown hair, hazel eyes, a slight tan, and a tall, thicker build.

And now for my pickiest part of all. I can't have a name that starts with a C, K, or Sh. I'd like to avoid N's as well, but they'd still be okay, if the name is right. I would also like to avoid vowel endings. One or three syllables is preferable, but not necessary.

Some names I had previously considered were Sadie, Noelle, and Annabelle.

Thanks, everyone!
    Last edited by caroline11278; May 26th, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Non-mommy berry, but author of Trissa Wynn, Rigby Emerson, Colette, Noa, Roscoe, and Lilith

Laura was my first instinct. And it's spelt Hawaii by the way
    ~Boys~

★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
    ★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Magnus ★ Vasiliy ★

~Girls~

★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
    ★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Maleekan
    Margrit
    Mashel
    Vuslat
    Vorawan

It's names from Denmark, so.. They are weird. xD
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Noah (29-5-10), Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & little Alex (18-12-14)

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~ Ianto Lior~

how about Elizabeth nn Beth?