Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I also knew a Ransom, who was a professor and such a nice man. I'm partial to the name, and agree with the previous poster that it's not nearly as bad as some others I see here. Use it as a middle if you can't do first. The Ransom I knew went by Ram.

Ransom is on par with Maverick. Both are names that try too hard to be cool and just end up sounding ridiculous. I don't like it for another reason: it has much macho swagger which is a big turnoff. If you must placate your husband, use it for the middle spot.
    Last edited by mischa; May 25th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I've got to agree with Mischa on this one.

I think some evangelical Christians like to use Ransom as it has theological overtones, rather than criminal ones. But CS Lewis' fiction was always quasi-allegorical. I don't think it's a realistic name either.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

I actually like it. I think of the Christian overtones before the criminal associations, but I realize I'm in the minority there.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia