Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I think Lawrence is great! I really detest Larry though.

Came across a Lawrence in the supermarket today, a boy who looked about 8 or 9. It's definitely wearable on the right sort of boy, and he wore it well. I don't like nn Larry, it sounds very dated, and Laurie feels very feminine, though I do know a Laurie in his 40s. On a child though, I think it's too close to the popular Laura and Lauren :/ What about Lawro? Feels a bit more up to date and has the trendy -o ending. My primary association with the name though is my old maths teacher, who was a Mr Lawrence.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I love Lawrence and your choice of nicknames. Go for it! My only warning: if you really, really detest Larry, be careful - your son may get to be 14 or 15 and decide to go by that instead! Of course by then it may sound fresh to you. That being said, Lawrence is a classic name, not at all dated. I think Lawrence would fit in nicely among classmates like Louis, Henry, Charles, etc. but isn't likely to have several Lawrences to compete with. Good choice.

My cousin Lawrence in is in his late 20s. He's named after our grandfather Lawrence. I'm amazed Cousin Larry doesn't have girls chasing after him...but I'm pretty sure he's gay so that might be it. Anyway, I say go for it!

I love the NN Lance for Lawrence!
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

I'm strongly considering Laurence (I like the French spelling) for this baby, if it's a boy. It's an ancient name used for millennia and as such can never be trendy. The original Laurence has a great story attached to him if you're interested in such things. Larry is definitely a middle aged nn, but the others you mentioned are young (ESP the irresistible Laurie).
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq