Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help! Opinions on nn Ceci...

Berries-
    I need your help. Hubby and I have changed our minds (again!) and decided to make our number one baby girl name selection, Cecilia Jan. We are currently ttc and, if it is a baby girl, she will be joining her big brother, Harold Jonathan, who goes by the nn Hal. We want her to have the nn Ceci. (Pronounced C-C.) As spelling as never been my strong point, I thought I would ask for help on this. If we spell her nn as Ceci, do you think people will find it odd? Are we changing the pronunciation by changing the spelling? I like the way it looks more like her full name, Cecilia, and the nn Ceci goes so much better with Hal. HELP PLEASE! All insights welcomed and needed.

I would use Cece or Cici. Ceci looks like it would be pronounced sessy.

Thanks lis09. That is exactly what I was worried about. I appreciate your input.

I think the Ceci spelling is fine. People will hear her nickname before they see it spelled out and will know how to pronounce it.
    Gwen Eleanor... Mary Josephine ... Anna Juliet ... Iris Evelyn ... Sage Catherine ** Arlo Grant ... Drew Thomas ... Eli James ... Owen Vincent... Jay Theodore

Paw, I confess that is what I was hoping to hear. What do you think? Ceci or Cece?