Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clover

I'm not a fan. Sorry, but Clover is still out in the field chomping on grass with Ermintrude, Marigold and Daisy. It's also a brand name over here which makes it unusable. IMO, it's a pet name or middle name only :/

BFF used it as her daughter's middle name. I think it's cute, but maybe too cute to be a first name for a human. Can you imagine an adult named Clover? It would be a really great name for a bunny, though! (I have a pet rabbit - I'm bunny-obsessed.)

I think it has that association for some, but Elsie, Cleo, Felix, Daisy, Max, even Chloe & Ellie could be heavily associated with various animals and people manage to wear them happily as well.

I think Clover is cute, maybe a little too cute for my tastes, but not bad. It could always be a nickname for Chloe, Claudia, Claudie, ect if you don't feel certain. Or something like Anna Clover who is mostly called Clover?

I think it's going to be more popular now that there's the Hunger Games character Clove. Personally, I love the name, but I can't see it on a grown woman, say on a job application. I guess I'd have to put it in a middle names only category, but if you love the name and can make it work for you, then go for it!
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I've liked Clover since I read the 'What Katy Did' books when I was little. She was always my favourite sister because she was clever and prim and sensible, like me I'd use it.

That was an odd sibset now that I think about it:

Katherine (Katy), Clover, Elsie, Theodore (Dorry), Joanna (Johnnie) and Philip (Phil).
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.