Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anna & Emma or Sadie & Molly

Are Anna and Emma too similar sounding for twin girls? I really like Anna "Annie" and normally I wouldn't use Emma because of it's high popularity, but I've really been liking the two together. My older girls are Ruby & Lucy. I am also really liking Sadie & Molly together which is a lot less "matchy". Other possibilities are Amy & Annie and Molly & Maggie if we decide to do the same letter thing, which I'm not that into at the moment. My husband likes Daisy & Poppy, but that seems way over the top to me. No one really replied to my last post and I've read lots of concern over "fake" pregnancies, especially twins and other multiples, so I promise it's real and no one is more surprised that me.

Ruby & Lucy with Sadie & Molly is too cute. I would stick with retro/vintage names that end in the ee sound.

Annie
    Betsy
    Betty
    Hattie
    Kitty

So if you decide to do the same letter thing, which I'm not that into either you could do Betsy and Betty or Molly and Maggie, I don't think Amy really fits.
    Last edited by sarab.cook; May 24th, 2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: same letter thing
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    Sylvie | Rosalie | Cecily | Eleanor | Rufus | Jasper | Graham

I like Sadie and Molly best.
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux

I do find Anna and Emma quite matchy for twins, although it's probably because they're both short, both end in "A", both have similar sounding double-letters in the middle, with a soft vowel in front--I agree they could get easily confused. Plus, they usually make the most popular twinset lists each year on the SSA site (along with pairings like Olivia and Oliver, Jayden and Jayda, Jayden and Kayden, etc.). I think Annie and Emma are much better and are fine, actually, though. What about just Annie? I usually wouldn't suggest it, but I think it works really well with the short-and-sweet Ruby and Lucy. I think Ruby, Lucy, Annie, and Emma would be great for three sisters.

I think Sadie and Molly are sweet, but not really my taste--I like Annie and Emma much more. If you don't usually love Emma, though, I would caution you to think seriously about it--it's not like Annie and Emma would be a pair that are always together. Emma would be her own little person, and while I think it's great to have twin names that work well together, I wouldn't put more focus on that than truly loving both twins names. I think Amy is lovely, but Annie and Amy are much too matchy for twins imo. I think something like Anna/Annie and Sadie or Anna/Annie and Molly would be great, and work well with Lucy and Ruby, too. What about Lottie? I think that's lovely, and something like Annie and Lottie would be adorable with Lucy and Ruby.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I don't think you should Emma as a name for one of your twins if you wouldn't use it if it wasn't paired with Anna, plus I think having twins names ending in the same sound, like like 'uh' in Emma and Anna or 'ee' in Molly and Sadie is matchy (which I don't like but that is just my opinion) and possibly confusing.
    So what about Anna and Molly, or Anna and Sadie? I think these would make lovely twins and it in well Ruby and Lucy.
    15 year old name lover, with a cat named Neville.
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9826126