Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sibling character names

What are your thoughts on
    Cosima
    Elspeth and
    Neoma

as sisters?

I'm not sure how to pronounce any of those!!! (This can be an issue...)

They all seem to fit the same style, so it would make sense that they'd be sisters, so that works.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Elspeth is vintage and Biblical to me, strong and sturdy.
    Cosima is a little more frilly, a bit more flirty.
    Neoma looks like a made-up variant of Naomi.

I don't think they work together all that well, sorry.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Elspeth seems a bit of an odd one out. It's sweet and more firm that the airy, romantic Cosmia or the odd and eclectic Neoma. Cosmia and Neoma might work, but not with Elspeth.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

(It's Cosima)

I agree that they don't completely fit, but you can name one kid Ruth-Anne and the other Azulla, so how alike the names are really isn't that much of an issue. Not all parents have a particular [I]theme[I] to what they name their kids. It all depends on the characters.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski