Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by merrybells View Post
    I've had my name for enough years now to know that it isn't the one for me.
    I thought I did, too--it took until I was 24 to realize Ashley really was my name and it wasn't going to change. I don't know how old you are, but who knows. I certainly didn't expect it. I'm not saying Maddie really is for you, I'm just saying it might be. People can be extremely hostile to people who want to change their name--my experience was under the radar so I never really experienced it, but I've heard horrible stories about reactions from others. I'm sure you're not taking this lightly--I'm just saying. You know. Friendly fyi and all.

I've hated my name for years. I can remember announcing at age seven that I'd change my name on my eighteenth birthday. My parents laughed and said I would love it when I was older.

Fast forward almost eight years and nothing has changed. Wanting to change my name has fueled my love of names, and I've searched for 'the name' for years. But I believe I have found it in Lucy (though I'm still considering and pushing for Eliza).

For more of a rebellious feel, I prefer the spelling Rebekah. Although this is the original Biblical version, the name has been integrated enough into the culture to make it easily wearable for anyone. Bekah or Beka is way spunkier than Becca.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

Not to de-rail your thread, but @aurra Lucy is very nice, esp if you keep your current name as the middle and "correct" the pronunciation back to 'ren.'
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I thought I did, too--it took until I was 24 to realize Ashley really was my name and it wasn't going to change. I don't know how old you are, but who knows. I certainly didn't expect it. I'm not saying Maddie really is for you, I'm just saying it might be. People can be extremely hostile to people who want to change their name--my experience was under the radar so I never really experienced it, but I've heard horrible stories about reactions from others. I'm sure you're not taking this lightly--I'm just saying. You know. Friendly fyi and all.
    Ash; that's exactly why I think people should wait until their mid-twenties to decide on things like this. A lot of things falls into place at that time, like acceptance of who you are!

Merry; I think Becca is quite lovely. It's difficult to know as I don't know you though.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]