Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What about Roxanne?

Reading around the site I saw another poster had mentioned the name Roxanne as being one of their daughter's names. It reminded me of the fact I used to love the name when I was younger, and had totally forgotten about it, but the feelings I had about it have now come back.

What do you think of Dominic and Roxanne? Likely be Nico and Roxy/Annie much of the time. And what about in comparison to the other names on my shortlist (Elizabeth, Suzanna and Tabitha) is it worth trying to convince the husband to add this one as an option as well? No idea on a middle either, I don't think any of the three will work with it.
    My two bundles of love, Dominic Joseph and Tabitha Faye

First off, i love your son's name, Dominic is very handsome! I think that Roxanne would work well with brother Dominic. Roxanne doesn't seem to fit all the other girl names you picked out, but it's still a great name! From your signature I noticed you had Rosalind as a middle name for Suzanna, do you like Roxanne Rosalind, or is that too many R's?

I think we'd use a different middle name, Roxanne Rosalind is a bit R heavy for me, especially as they have the same Ro- sound at the start. It's a name I loved before I was married and had a different surname which it worked perfectly with.

I like Roxanne as long as you don't mind The Police song association.

I prefer Suzanna spelled Susannah/Susanna; even though to some the name would come off as dated, I think it's classic. Elizabeth is always lovely. I love Tabitha as well - it has its own sound that's unlike what's in vogue for girls.

It just depends on if you want a more out-there and spunky/edgy sounding named paired with Dominic (Tabitha & Roxanne) or something more conventional and grounded (Susanna/Elizabeth).

I'm not entirely sure what I want in a name, only for it to work with both Nico's name and our surname. Oh, and no masculine nicknames for girls, but that's OH's rule, not mine. And I don't mind the song association at all, I think kids these days won't even know it, it's all Justin Bieber/One Direction/Nicki Minaj and all that stuff at the minute, according to my niece's tastes at least. If I said The Police to her she'd think of blue lights and handcuffs.

And I just prefer the Z spelling, it looks better to me for some reason, a bit fresher.