Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names to go with Owen and Sophie...

I am not expecting yet, but am interested in finding names to go with my boy Owen. Sophie is his cousin who we spend a lot of time with, so it would be nice if it worked with her name as well. Two long O sounds... does that mean all other names with the same O should be eliminated from consideration? Obviously nothing too matchy or rhymey with Sophie like Sylvie or Zoe (which I love).

My style is somewhat eclectic from what I can tell... (you namenerds probably have a better idea than I do! ), but the names I like for girls tend to be pretty feminine without being too frilly (I can do without most of the bell names, altho I do like Isobel).... and the names I like for boys tend to be Irish and/or edgier in feel.

Some of the names I like are:

Arya
    Cora
    Mila
    Isla
    Ayla
    Esme
    Eloise
    Madeleine
    Margot
    Noemi
    Penelope

Oh, also, I love Em- names (Emma, Emmeline) but since I am an Em- I usually avoid them. Any suggestions on what would go well with Owen and Sophie? From my list or new suggestions? Thanks!
    Last edited by emsky; May 25th, 2013 at 06:54 AM.

I like Eloise and Isla for you.

Maybe Maeve, or Lila?
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/ Liliana Wren/
    Osias Grey/ /August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn*

Quote Originally Posted by emsky View Post
    I am not expecting yet, but am interested in finding names to go with my boy Owen. Sophie is his cousin who we spend a lot of time with, so it would be nice if it worked with her name as well. Two long O sounds... does that mean all other names with the same O should be eliminated from consideration? Obviously nothing too matchy or rhymey with Sophie like Sylvie or Zoe (which I love).

My style is somewhat eclectic from what I can tell... (you namenerds probably have a better idea than I do!), but the names I like for girls tend to be pretty feminine without being too frilly (I can without most of the bell names, altho I do like Isobel).... and the names I like for boys tend to be Irish and/or edgier in feel.

Some of the names I like are:

Arya
    Cora
    Mila
    Isla
    Ayla
    Esme
    Eloise
    Madeleine
    Margot
    Noemi
    Penelope

Oh, also, I love Em- names (Emma, Emmeline) but since I am an Em- I usually avoid them. Any suggestions on what would go well with Owen and Sophie? From my list or new suggestions? Thanks!
    I like Esme, Madeleine, Noemi, Margot, Mila and Cora.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

I really like Isla, Esme, Noemi, and Penelope. All sound great with Sophie. Others I would suggest would be Phoebe, Maya, Ivy, and Claudia

I'd go with Margot or Penelope from your list. I would also suggest Violet.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>