Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by misselizabeth View Post
    I would say that Eva is a classic that is trendy right now. It's gone up 275 spot in the past 15 years but it never got that low. I pronounce Eva with a long E and Evelyn with a short E so Evie wouldn't be a logical nn for Eva. My grandmother is Evie and it's short for Evelyn. If I heard Evie I would assumed that's what it was short for.
    Erm, how are you saying Evie? Because most people I know say it like EE-vee. So Eva nn Evie makes perfect sense. Evie said like EV-ee is done, but it's not as common as EE-vee, from what I've heard.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

My name is Eva and I was born in the late 1990's I am the only Eva in my whole school and honestly love my name! I was named after my grandmother Eva which has always made my name special to me. Sometimes people get my name confused with Ava for some reason but to tell you the truth it doesn't really bother me. I think the trendiness of my name skipped my generation. Also I have never in my entire life had anyone call me Evie. The only nickname that I remember is I got called E sometimes when I was little. Hope this helps

Classic, I think. It's got history and pretty constant use, even if it's currently on the way up. Ever way it's a very pretty name. As for the nickname Evie, it's most likely going to come up, but at the same time if you don't want it it's pretty easy to shut down.
    15 year old name lover, with a cat named Neville.
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9826126

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    Erm, how are you saying Evie? Because most people I know say it like EE-vee. So Eva nn Evie makes perfect sense. Evie said like EV-ee is done, but it's not as common as EE-vee, from what I've heard.
    Yeah, I'm talking about the EE-vie prn. Evie, usually pronounced that way, is a top 10 name in the UK, and I'm not a fan of it as a given name at all. I might use it as an occasional nickname but I wouldn't want people thinking her name is Evie, as I find Eva much more classier and nicer.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I want to love Eva I really do but for some reason I can't. I think it may be the whole Eva Longoria association. I think I prefer Ava to Eva. With that being said, I don't think it's trendy at all. It's a very classic name that will age very well. I also don't think you'll have to worry about the nn Evie. Eva is such a short name already, there is no need to shorten it even more. Maybe she will acquire a nn that doesn't have anything to do with her name. Good luck.