Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Initials Spelling Out Siblings Name

Posted this once already, but only got one response (thankyou for your input "leadmythought") I'm just hoping for more opinions on this..

we FINALLY found a name we love,*THEN realised that the initials of first, middle and surname, spell out her big brothers name!!! Should we still use it? Would it cause teasing?

Also, the other small part, is possibly down to me overthinking things, (which I have a tendency to do!) and my fiancé says I'm worrying too much about this part: but as the middle name would be Echo, would she feel like an after thought? Echoing her big brother, especially with her initials spelling his name? I'm not sure if that's a silly thought :/

So what does everyone think, is this initial thing a "no go" for us?! After finally finding a name we love? Are we over thinking this, or not?

I'm sorry to say that I would look elsewhere. Sibling dynamics are a tricky thing, and, being the younger of two, I would have hated my initials spelling out my sibling's name. Younger ones often receive hand-me-down clothes/toys/etc., and have a tendency to feel like they are being held to the standard of the elder. Of course, those are my own perceptions from my own experiences.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. Of course, I'm the oldest, so I don't really think I can judge this honestly from a little sibling vantage point, but there weren't a ton of hand-me-downs in my family (there's four of us!), and I like to think I was a pretty good big sister. If relations between the siblings are good, I think it could be a cute tie, maybe one nobody would even recognize. And I don't really think the Echo thing really figures in at all... I never would have put that together. When you mentioned Echo, I had no clue where you were going with it, how it was related to her big brother at all, haha. I think it's a stretch. It's not like she doesn't have her own name--or that you were purposefully naming her after your son. It just happened. Honestly, they will probably notice. It's initials, and it's your son's name. But I can't imagine that it would cause a lot of drama. "Oh, look! Lila has my name!" or "Oh, look! My initials spell Leo!" But I can't really imagine any strongly negative feelings about it. Then again, I'm a big sister, so what do I know?
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

One more thought. I don't know if your children are/will be in daycare, but all of the children's items are usually asked to have the child's initials. That brings to mind a bit of my childhood. It was THE thing to have your initials (not monogram) embroidered on your bookbag when I was in middle and high school. In my own home, I know that I initial quite a bit of things to mark whose they are. It could get quite confusing.
    Mama to Caleb Nicholas, Annabel Hope, and Grace Ramona
    <>

Quote Originally Posted by krismichelle View Post
    One more thought. I don't know if your children are/will be in daycare, but all of the children's items are usually asked to have the child's initials. That brings to mind a bit of my childhood. It was THE thing to have your initials (not monogram) embroidered on your bookbag when I was in middle and high school. In my own home, I know that I initial quite a bit of things to mark whose they are. It could get quite confusing.
    that was exactly one of my concerns, I mentioned it in my first post about this, which was a lot longer! I'm not sure if a link will work here but lets try it! This was my original post:

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...-siblings-name

ohhh I can't believe I might have to go back to the drawing board, I'm so bummed out!!!