Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I don't see any problem with Isobel. I am 14 and in my year there are 3 people each with a variation of Isabel. We have an Isobel (Izzy) an Isabel (Izzy) and an Isabelle (Issy) doesn't make a difference so pick which one you like
    Maya Lakshmi
    If I had a baby now it would be:
    Ottilie Melanie Beatrice or Piper Jesse Raymond Maxwell or Archer
    Some crushes: Romilly, Willa, Fiona, Bronwyn, Camilla, Lucia, Rosalind
    Maybe Middles for girlies: Illyria, Miriam, Lakshmi, Hermione
    And Guys: Casper, Timothy, Eliot, Theodore

Changing the spelling won't change the popularity at all, as others have said. Whether it's Isabelle, Isabel, Isobel, or Yzzybyl, regardless of how cree8ive the parents get the names will be spoken more often than written. If popularity is an issue, I would choose an entirely different name; that way when you call your kid on the playground or when they're called on in class, they're more likely to be the only one (or at least not one of eight others with the same name).

The only reason I can see for choosing an alternate spelling is 1) if the alternate spelling is a legitimately correct alternative, and 2) if you prefer the look of the legitimately correctly spelled alternative
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

It doesn't matter in real life. Isobel rather than Isabelle or Isabel is fine, as it's a legitimate name. But that's the thing- they are the SAME name. So your child's name isn't 'less popular', it's the same thing.

Basically- use Isobel if you want, but her name will still basically be Isabelle/Isabel.
    Lily - Eliza - Isabelle - Rose - Margaret - Coraline - Emilia - Hazel
    Oliver - Simon - Jasper - Theodore - Henry - Leopold - Ezra - Jack

I definitely wouldn't have different spelling of a name just for lower popularity.

I agree with anyone. The pronounciation is same so it doesn't make any difference. I'll stick with the spelling I love the most.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias