Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Find out Girl or Boy in 3 weeks! Help me decide on name order!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Girl: Carys Naomi Anderson

6 54.55%
  • Naomi Carys Anderson

4 36.36%
  • Boy: Marcellus Job Anderson (nn Joby)

0 0%
  • Job Marcellus Anderson (nn Joby)

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't decide on name-order! This is to go with big sis Amaré (Amma-RAY) Elyse.

I'm not even sure these sets of FN and MN are the "ones"--but since my husband and I both love all 4, I think they might just win out over everything else.

One extra question that won't be on the poll---do you like Naomi spelled traditionally (Naomi) or Neomi. I am presuming they are both pronounced the same. If I make it the 2nd, the girl won't get the dreaded "I moan" backwards playground taunt, but then again, everyone will always spell it wrong. Mis-spelling is not too much of an issue, I guess, as you can see that our first daughter will always have her name mis-spelled or mis-pronounced. Still, we love it.

So, what do you think: Naomi OR Neomi?

Ooooops! Should've made the poll multiple choice.

Sorry! If you have a second, just write in the other b/g name that you prefer. If not, no worries. My mistake!

I'm trying to figure this site out. Maybe I should just re-do this poll (to make it multiple choice) and put it in a different forum to get some people to respond. I'm not sure what makes people want to comment/help out?

Naomi is my preference for a girl. I don't like the repetitive "s" sounds of Carys Anderson (these two also blend into each other). If you're calling your son Joby, then his first name should be Job. However, I pronounce it "jobe" like the Book of Job in the Bible not job (the profession). Some people may mispronounce it.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thank you, Mischa! That's a great point about the "s" sounds. I had never thought of that.

Yes, we pronounce it Job (rhymes with "Robe"), since it is a Biblical name. Yes, people will mispronounce, but that's not the worst thing in the world. It's not too hard to correct such a simple name, I think.

Good point about Job being the first name. I think that too, mostly, but not sure I like it first.

I am now also toying with the idea of Caius Marcel (nn Cai).

Thanks for your input!