Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I have so many favorites, a top 100 list for each gender, here are just a few

Amelia
    Beatrice
    Cael
    Dexter
    Elizabeth
    Felix
    Georgiana
    Horatio
    Imogen
    Jasper
    Lydia
    Mackenzie
    Noah
    Olivia
    Persephone
    Ruth
    Scotland
    Temperance
    Violet
    William
    Zoe
    mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

Zoe - My all-time favorite name. "Z" is such a cool letter, and I adore Greek girls' names that end with "e". I also like that it has a great meaning ("life"), and manages to be both spunky and sophisticated at the same time.

Nicholas - I love the nickname Nick, and actually have both Nicholas and Dominic on my top 10 list for boys, but Nicholas is definitely my favorite of the two (as well as being my overall favorite boys' names). It reminds me of Christmas, my favorite holiday, and I just think it is incredibly handsome.

Catherine - My mother wanted to use it for my little sister's name, but Dad vetoed it, so I always thought it would be wonderful to use it for a daughter so Mom can at least have a granddaughter with her favorite name. (Plus, I love it myself, too!) As a bonus, Cate was my grandmother's maiden name.

William - So handsome and princely!

Veronica - I love "V" names, and Veronica has always been my favorite. I even chose it as my confirmation name because I love the story of St. Veronica. (And I could also use "Nic" as a nickname!)

Alexander - "X" is another very cool letter, and it sounds like a "Z", so it's like double the awesomeness. It also happens to be a family name for both of us -- my grandfather's middle name and a surname on my hubby's side of the family.

Penelope - Again, love Greek girls' names ending with "e". The poppy "P" sounds make it sound so happy and cheerful, and I also admire the mythological Penelope for her cleverness and fidelity.

Sebastian - Elegant and romantic, with a touch of bad boy allure (once you forget about the crab). It's been one of my strongest name crushes for a while, but I think now it has evolved into full-blown love.

Elizabeth - The ultimate classic girls' name. It has the "z" I love, and I like that it has a ton of possible nicknames. If we do ever have an Elizabeth, I'd like to call her Beth, because then we would both have nicknames inspired by "Little Women". (My nn is Meg.)

Gabriel - I tend to be fond of most of the iel/ael names, and Gabriel is my favorite of those. Too bad DH and I couldn't agree on what gender to use it on. (Gabrielle is one of his favorite girls' names. I like it, too, but not as much as I like Gabriel on a boy, which he doesn't really care for at all for some reason.)

Daphne - And yet another Greek girls' name that ends with "e"! The story of Daphne was always one of my favorite Greek myths, and it means "laurel", giving it a subtle connection to my sister's name, Laura.

Benjamin - I've just always liked Benjamin. I can't really explain why!
    Proud mother to William "Liam" Balthazar, and expecting Catherine "Cate" Ophelia in September 2014!
    Future Daughters: Isobel "Zoe" Theophania, Veronica "Vera" Seraphine
    Future Sons: Alexander "Olek" Crispin/Leopold, Dominic "Nico" Valentine

Nicholas ~ William ~ Alexander ~ Sebastian ~ Gabriel ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Oliver ~ Crispin ~ Gregory
    Zoe ~ Catherine ~ Veronica ~ Penelope ~ Elizabeth ~ Daphne ~ Anastasia ~ Seraphina ~ Ophelia ~ Felicity

Oooh I like looking at everyone's favorites. I'm loving Marlowe, Stellan, Rupert, Gwendolen, Alice, Henry, Enid, Griffin, Josie, Milena, Imogen, Temperance and Daphne from your lists.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

Girls:

Thalia- Adored it since my childhood! Just sounds so beautiful to me. Shame OH doesn't agree!

Skye- I've been in love with this as a name since spending a fortnight on the Isle of Skye. Amazing place and a beautiful name.

Brittany- Same as Skye, loved Brittany and have visited many times. Would love to honour this wonderful place by naming my daughter after it.

Ruby- Another childhood favourite, but alas now very popular where I live. Still, OH might actually let me use this one!

Luna- I just love the sound this name makes and the images that pop into my head. Makes me think of a clear night with a full moon.

Fio-A name found in Studio Ghibli's Porco Rosso, just a tad unusual but retains a lovely sound which links me to...

Cleo/Clio- Again, I love the -io ending. Not fond of Cleopatra but Cleo or Clio sound lovely as stand alone names.

Kirrily- Unusual name with a pretty ring to it. Plus the nicknames Kirri & Killi are gorgeous.

Penny- Simple beautiful name. Reminds me of Penny Lane - The Beatles which to me is a happy song by one of my favourite bands.

Ponyo- Another Studio Ghibli name, makes my think of a smiling, enthusiastic little girl.

Boys:

Axel- My favourite boy's name by far. The name of the protagonist in my favourite book Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

Luca/Lucas- I prefer the sound of these to Luke and it still retains a nice Star Wars connection which I like.

Milo- Love the sound, love the name.

Griffin- A strong Welsh name which I adore. Makes me think of Snowdonia and rural Wales as well as Welsh myths and legends.

Lincoln- The name of my OH's home town and also has the nickname Link, name of the protagonist of The Legend of Zelda series, a favourite of mine. OH has vetoed this name though

Nemo- a lovely Latin name with a Jules Verne connection which I adored long before the little clown-fish made it's way to the big screen. Not sure I could use it now as people would assume I was a Finding Nemo enthusiast!

Ezio- The protagonist of Assassin's Creed II, a strong Italian name which I love. Again people would assume I'm obsessed with Assassin's Creed!

Leonidas- Name of the Spartan King who lead 300 Spartans to fight the mighty Persian army. A name associated with intense bravery and I would love to endow it to one of my sons. Shame OH isn't so enthusiastic!
    Name lover & Engaged to a wonderful man

Lilith - Vesper - Francesca - Lark - Viola - Naomi - Eloise - Layla - Amy - Phoebe - Freya
    Zachary - Alexander - Tristan - George - Axel - Dominic - Loki - Malachi- Rowan - Harvey - Griffin

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/

I love this, everyone -- thanks for starting this thread, Augusta Lee! I also wanted to say, now that we've started the second blog on the home page hosting guest writers every day, that we are totally open to posts from anyone who'd like to write something. Linda is taking the lead in editing so you can email her privately at linda@nameberry.com with ideas or finished posts. You of course retain all rights and you are free to publish elsewhere and it is totally fine if you have already published the piece on your own blog. No pressure, of course, but just wanted to make it clear that the door is open!
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry