Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    It will be tough to narrow it down to just my top 12, but here are some names that I will always love, but most of them I may never use.

Alexander: This has been my favorite boy's name ever since I learned about Alexander the Great. Up until quite recently, I was determined to use it at a first name, regardless of the popularity, and use the nn Xander, but then a close friend got engaged to an Alexander who I'm not that fond of, and it sort of ruined it for me. I'm still set on using it for my first son's middle name, regardless of my SO's opinion!

River: I have always been in love with this name ever since River Phoenix. I still think he had the coolest name of any celebrity I've ever heard, and at one point I actually wanted to name my son River Phoenix. I just think it's a beautiful name and reminds me of a long, flowing river. It's my favorite nature name.

Miranda: I am also a huge fan of Miranda. It's still on my list, but I know two women named this, one spelled Myranda, and I have such a strong association with them that I don't think I'd use it. I just think it's beautiful, with a great meaning, and love the Shakespeare connection.

Isabel: I've always loved this name. It's just beautiful and classic, but at the moment is too popular for me to use.

Lucian: I fell in love with Lucian quite recently. I love the meaning, and love the "loo-shen" pronunciation, but I don't know if I'd use it because it does have two different pronunciations and I think "loo-see-an" sounds too girly. I love the nn potential: Luc, Lou, and Ian.

Vincent: As in Van Gogh. I'm a huge fan of his work, and also love the song Vincent by Don McLean, which is about him. I would use it in the middle.

Atticus: Also as a middle name only. I remember watching TKAM with my father when I was very young, and falling in love with Atticus Finch. For me, he's the type of person that I wish everyone could be. Later, when I read the book in 9th grade, I was just as in love with him. They re-released the movie in theaters for the 50th anniversary last year, and I brought my dad to see it. We both cried. I will always have a lasting connection with this name and character, and I would love to use it. It irritates me so much when people call it a "pretentious" name because of how much it means to me.

Minerva: I love all of the associations I have with this name, including Harry Potter, and I love the meaning.

Cordelia: This is currently one of my top girl's names, and although I am a huge Buffy and Angel fan, I didn't fall in love with the name until just recently, when I re-watched Buffy with my sister. My love of it has nothing to do with the character, or with the Shakespeare character, because I've never read King Lear. I just think it's beautiful and has several good nicknames, which I also love in a name.

Phoebe: I think Phoebe is cute and spunky, and I love the meaning. If you can't tell by now, meanings are important to me. I loved Phoebe Caulfield in Catcher in the Rye and Phoebe on Friends.

Nate: I don't know why I love it so much, but Nate is one of my favorite names. I would use it as a nn, but I don't know if I'd use the longer form of Nathan or Nathaniel because I like them both. I probably wouldn't use it anyway though, because I already used it as a character in a book I wrote with a friend.

Rose: I love Rose as a first name and middle name. It's just a short, sweet name, and the flower is beautiful. It would also honor my mom. She hates her name (Phyllis Edith) but my dad has always called her Rosey because she has rosie cheeks. So I thought one day that I could use Rose to honor her, and I love it.

Runner up names: Riley, Rhys/Reese, Adrian, Maddox for boys, and Juliet, Harlow, Indigo, and Ramona for girls.
    Girls: Cordelia, Phoebe, Rose

Boys: Lucian, Alexander, Liam

I have pretty boring taste in names, but heck, I'll give it a go.

Daisy - So beautifully charming. A name that brings a smile to my face, perhaps too cutesy for some but I can see it on any type of girl of any age.
    Lucy - A sturdy, beautiful, classic. A very strong name steeped in history but also oozing elegance, sophistication, and glamour.
    Rosalind - A formal, serious name. I can picture a little Rosie wearing pastel colours with fair skin.
    Evelyn - A timeless classic. Familiar, friendly, and approachable, yet cool, sophisticated and classy.
    Madeline - So sing-songy and wonderful! Long and luscious, formal enough to be taken seriously but sweet enough to be approachable.
    Layla - I shouldn't like this, but I do! Its trendy, modern, and a tad repetitive but I love how it rolls off the tongue. Its sassy and beautiful.
    Ivy - Short and sweet, definitely a name I can imagine on a little tomboy.
    Annabel - Frilly without being sickly sweet. Uber feminine and classy at the same time - a winning combination.

Other honourable mentions: Anastasia, Victoria, Lillian, Eva, Alice.

Philip - Regal, a total gentleman. Dependable, sturdy, and classy.
    Noah - Light and airy, Free spirited and steeped in history.
    Isaac - Charming and dashing, I love the soft sound.
    William - The ultimate "mans man" name imo. Charming, strong, classy, yet elegant, fierce and friendly nicknames such as Will and the handsome Liam.

Honourable mentions: Daniel, Henry, Samuel.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

This is tough, but I'll give it a go. In no particular order:

Elliot - This name has been with me since I was 12 years old. It's masculine, handsome, and has a hint of refinement. It would work just as well on a rogue as it would a gentleman. It is bar none my favorite boy's name.
    Flynn - To my ears, it's dashing, friendly, and a bit roguish.
    Adam - This name just so pleasant and approachable. There are a wealth of men on my family tree called Adam, which makes it even more of a draw.
    Christopher - I would only use this as a middle name, because it's already in use in my family. But it is gorgeous and handsome, and I have good associations with it.
    Evangeline - This name is bursting at the seams with lace and doilies, but it has the rough and tumble nickname Evie. It also has a certain musical quality to it.
    Silas - Silas has the S and L sounds that I've noticed I like so well, and it just feels so strong and confident.
    Rosalie - One of the happiest-sounding names in existence.
    Persephone - If I ever use this on a human child, I'm sure my family will raise their eyebrows, but I think it's musical and feminine.
    William - Another family name--it was worn by my grandfather, great grandfather, uncle, and several others. I just have so much love for this name, though I might tuck it into the middle, because of its popularity.
    Sophie - Soft, feminine, and approachable. With Sophia and its variations, it's mega-popular, but I would use it in a heartbeat.
    Willow - This name is a good mix of femininity, flexibility, and strength. It evokes the beauty and grace of the natural world.
    Phoebe - Another family name. This one belonged to a pioneer woman who managed to survive and return to her husband three years after being captured and losing four children during a Wyandot raid. To me, this name is the picture of resilience. And it has a happy, fun vibe via Friends.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne

It's lovely to see the reasoning behind everyone's favourite meaningful names!
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

A lot of my favorite names are guilty pleasures. They either are vetoed by my hubby, don't work with our last name, or are just too out there to be used as a first name. For me to really love a name, it has to bring to mind some clear and lovely image. There are plenty names that I like just fine, but they don't capture my interest if they don't have a picture to go with them.
    In no order:

Eilonwy: I know I talk about this one a lot, but it will be our daughter's middle name, if we have a girl. Eilonwy is my and my husband's very favorite literary female character. We have both loved this name for 10+ years and there is no way we're letting it go. The character embodies everything I would want my daughter (and myself) to be. Smart, courageous, feminine without being prissy, and funny to boot :-) Way too many things I love about this name.

Cedar: for a boy. I was captivated by an old growth cedar forest in Glacier NP, and ever since I have loved this name. It is such a strong, calm name, and I love the way it flows off the tongue. I'm hoping to sneak it in as a mn for a boy.

Daniel: Can't help it, I just love everything about this name, except that it is a top 5 name here in Texas. I like all the nns, I've never met a Daniel who wasn't great, and I love the Bible reference. It's just so popular...

Holt: I'll be honest, I'm not shot in the head about the sound of this name. It's a bit abrupt. But the meaning is amazing. "Son of the unspoiled forest" Talk about amazing imagery. Can't you just picture a little boy running through an old forest?

Sage: for a girl. This is the female form of Cedar for me, calm and strong. I picture the windswept mountain plains covered with sagebrush, and the wonderful feeling I have when I'm there.

Rhys: I've really been crushing on this one lately. I picture mountains and streams. Plus the Mr. Rhys on Person of Interest (don't know the show spelling of his name) really makes this name seem manly.

Flynn: I picture adventure with this name. A little boy with wild hair, holes in his jeans, and unstoppable energy.

Callie: A family name for me (great grandmother), it also has such a clear image. I picture a little girl with long brown hair, wearing a gingham blue dress, and hanging from a tree behind a farm house. It's too sweet a picture for me to ignore.

Tabitha: Love the meaning and Bible reference of this name. I picture a dark haired, dark eyed athletic girl. We have about a 50/50 chance of having a brown eyed or blue eyed child, so this may fit well.

Taran: for a boy. Again, a name I love because of the same books that Eilonwy is from. Taran is a sometimes confused, often fumbling, but always courageous male character that I think is a great role model. My only concern is the popularity of Taryn for girls. Not too popular now, but used to be. I don't want my sons name to be the same as his peers' moms' names kwim?

Ok, I think I'll have to stop there. It's just 10, but these are the ones that stand out in my mind above all others.

Oh and ottilie, Polyhymnia is the name of one of the main female characters in some of Madeleine L'Engle's young adult books. I love all her books, and Poly (as she is usually called) is a great character.

Loving everyone's names. Some really beautiful, evocative names here!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me