Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    My all time favorite names:
    Catherine- So classic elegant, strong, and feminine. Plus I love the duchess of Cambridge so that helps.
    Gabriel- I have always loved this name. Very strong masculine name. Plus it is one of the names of my favorite painters, Dante Gabriel Rossetti.
    Helena- I have loved this name since I was 9 years old. I love the long history to this name.
    Fiammetta- I have loved this name since I heard it on the T.V. Borgias, and it happens to be the name of my favorite painting,A Vision of Fiammetta
    William- Love this name. Good, strong, and classic boys name. Love the nn Liam. Also one of the names of another favorite painters, John William Waterhouse.
    Nicholas- Loved this since I was little.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

Although I might not EVER use them...My top 12 heartfelt name LOVES are easy

Aurora - Since I was a little girl...the very first time I saw Sleeping Beauty this was my favorite, and I always felt it was my "secret" name. So enchanting and the ultimate beautiful name.

Candice - With the nn Candi, I totally feel this to be the sweetest name. It has always given me a smooth, shiney aura.

Daphne - I fell in love with this name as a teenager wathching old re-runs of "Dark Shadows". I heard it the first time watching Kate Jackson playing the beautiful maiden Daphne, that was part of the love triangle of Daphne, Barnebus and Quentin.

Elizabeth - This is the ultimate OLD Victorian name. It has class, style and the best nn's ever!

Francine - The french language is so beautiful! I think Francine has the class and style of the french just as Elizabeth does of the english. Francine is the ultimate softness, sentuality, and fem-fatal name.

Giovanni - Makes my head spin! Just to say it out loud sounds very poetic. Sometimes I can't even think to compare it to the simple sounding John.

Michael - In my mind Michael is the ultimate Strong Male name. Very cool!

Rose - Fresh and romantic! How can you not love Rose?

Julianna - It is a smoosh of two very special people in my family. Strong and soft at the same time.

Seraphina - Heaven and Angels.....this gives to mind the most beautiful vision, not to mention it sounds so perfect.

James - Classic. I don't think I have to say anymore.

Mary - Simple but so elegant and beautiful. It gives the a feeling of all colors of the rainbow.
    Last edited by ssister; May 24th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.

Lovely idea Missy Lee! Love to read about peoples glorious dozens!

These are mine, and this was incredibly difficult:
    Alcyone - This is one of my all time favourite names. It brings to mind so many of my favourite things; trees bent towards the river, the calm ocean, birdsong, somehow both the Cornish beaches and the Greek ones at the same time. It's so lovely, light and aquamarine-ish.

Aphrodite - My ultimate GP name. I never even thought about using it until a very clever someone mentioned it to me. Now it's all I can think about. Aphrodite is cute, weird and divine. Blue seafoam and young forests, fawns and bunnies and birdsong. Just utterly beautiful.

Circe - Another long time love. I've adored Circe since I read The Odyssey when I was quite young, both the name and the Goddess. The name is inspirational, and it gives me a lot of the same feelings as Alcyone; only replacing the calm and quiet with a brewing storm.

Endymion - A glorious name for a boy. I love the length of the name, I love how the name sounds like a deep and delicious slumber. The nickname Mio makes me love it even more.

Hespera - This name is to me like a warm summer evening, it smells like ripe fruit, jasmine, roses and frangipani. I imagine a walled lush garden. That Tennyson has a beautiful poem about the Hesperides doesn't hurt. It's one of my absolute favourite girl names, I hope I'll get to use this one day.

Odin - This is a very recent addition to my favourite names. I love how it's tied to my Scandinavian side, it's a short and easy name, but a very sexy and interesting one. The Norse deity is very intriguing as well.

Orpheus - My favourite Greek myth, Orpheus and Eurydice. Orpheus is romantic, kind and gifted, a warm and caring person. The name gives me an incredible feeling inside, it's so lovely to say, and it's got so many of my favourite sounds in it.

Osiris - Another O-name for the boys, the Egyptian God. I love this name, although I'm not sure I could use it. Osiris' myth is very interesting, and the name is sweet and fun. I love names with o's in them, such a warm and comforting sound.

Pandora - Sweet and charming, with a powerful myth behind it. Panda as a nickname makes it even cuter, and as a massive Tori Amos fan it's nice with names with a connecting to my favourite musician.

Polyhymnia - Might not be very usable, but it's dancing over the moon cute! Polly + hymnia! When I was little and first encountered the muses I thought her name was Polymina... But Polly and Pom are easily two of the most darling nicknames there are. And she's a muse! I love the muses...

Willow - Willows are my favourite trees. I'm a big treehugger, I need to hug basically every tree I see, but willows are in their own category... I want to cuddle them. The name is beautiful as well, it's got the o-sound, the double l and two w's. And it's close to one of my beloved's names.

Zenobia - The awesome Syrian Queen. Zenobia is dignified, quirky, fun and beautiful all at once. It's another very warm name with lots of personality and nickname opportunities such as Zoe and Bee.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

It's awesome seeing everyone's favorites! So here are mine (6 boys, 6 girls), in no particular order:

Astoria: I originally took Astoria off my list, but when I reconstructed my list, I just had to put it back on!

Hermione: I've always related myself to Hermione Granger, and I love the name

Wilhelmina: For YEARS I loved Willa, but never loved the idea of it by itself. When I found Wilhelmina, I fell in love

Rowena: Another Harry Potter name, but as soon as I saw it, I loved it.

Ottoline: This is a relatively new favorite, but I love her sound and the image Ottoline brought to me.

Phoebe: I LOVE Phoebe's sound.

Bartholomew: I've always liked long, clunky names and someone mentioned that I could use Ollie as a nickname, so I officially put him on my list.

Ignatius: I have no idea why I love Ignatius, but he's been on my list for a while, and I adore the nickname Iggy.

Jethro: He quickly grew on me, and I'm considering Jet as a nickname option.

Lorcan: He's been on my list for awhile, he honors somebody close to me, and I quite like his meaning.

Lucian: I was debating between Lucius and Lucian, but I was won by Lucian's charm.

Zephyr: Much like Jethro, Zephyr quickly won me over.
    Last edited by sari; May 24th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Sari, high school senior.

The enchanting little witches & wizards: Under Construction and Pending.

Quote Originally Posted by sweekune View Post
    Nemo- a lovely Latin name with a Jules Verne connection which I adored long before the little clown-fish made it's way to the big screen. Not sure I could use it now as people would assume I was a Finding Nemo enthusiast!
    A family friend of ours has this name. I'd say he's in his late 20s, so he had the name before Finding Nemo, but he gets more than a fair share of fish jokes since the movie has come out. It's a shame because it's a nice name!