Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Mum to Sam, Finn & Baby Max

We can do two?? Yay!

Anastasia- the meaning is my favorite and it is a beautiful symbol of my faith.

Ophelia- oh the way this sounds in Spanish is just beautiful.

Cecilia- see Ophelia

Lior- I. Love. This. Name. But the fiancé hates it.

Catherine- beautiful, elegant, classic.

Sebastian- I find this name to be so cool.

Alexander- strong handsome name

Levi- a family name that I haven't figured out how to use. But I love it.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Blair: my ultimate guilty pleasure girls name, I love that its Scottish as part of my family is Scottish and that its not very popular in England.
    Olivia: A bit too popular for my liking but a name that I love so much I would regret not using because of its popularity. I like the nn options of Liv and Livvy.
    Lainey: A new favourite my name is double barrelled and Laine is the second part, I would honour my mum in a way as she chose my name. Yet I don't know if its too close to my name to use.
    Savannah: I like Anna but know too many people with the name, Savannah has the same ring to it and is a bit different.
    Ava: simple but I adore this name, the meaning of "life" is also lovely.
    Nate: Love the nn Nate but would want to use Nathaniel as the full name.
    Flynn: An Irish surname, my dads family is Irish and my first name is also an Irish surname so I like the link.
    Noah: I like that this name is well known but not overly used where I live, a possible alternative to Jack which is very popular.
    Jude: love the biblical connotations, reminds me of the Beatles for obvious reasons but seems to give off a good vibe.
    Elliot: a new favourite, Elijah and Elias are a bit too biblical and unique for me but Elliot seems a perfect alternative whilst keeping the biblical theme with the meaning.

So… twelve of my ultimate favourite names? This is going to be difficult… I’m a libra, meaning any sort of decision is very hard for me I don’t actually have twelve names that I can honestly say I love but here are ten that I do.

BOYS

Joseph (Jory): My granddad, who died when I was six months old, was called Joe and I’ve always been very sad that I never got to know him so I would love to honour him if I ever had a son. Definitely my top boys name at the moment. His nickname would be the lovely Cornish Jory which I only discovered a few months ago. Everything about the sound of it makes me happy.

Vasiliy (Vas, Vashka): I first heard this name whilst watching the film ‘Enemy at the Gates’ and I was completely smitten without any knowledge as to why.

Edmond (Ned): Ned was the name of one of my great grandfathers. After surviving the first world war he ended up dying in a car crash with his wife in 1936 which left my nanna and her two brothers orphans. He was a good man and I know my nanna would have loved it if I chose to honour him.

Niccolo (Nico): I prefer this Italian name to Nicholas and I’ve always adored Nico since playing ‘Broken Sword’ (even though she was a girl!).

August (Gale): I couldn’t think up a good nickname for August and would have been content to use the full name all the time but then my brain took the following steps: August > Gust (of wind) > Gale. Yay! Two birds, one stone.

GIRLS

Aira: I read a trilogy of books many years ago now called ‘The Wind on Fire’. In it, there was a prophetess called Ira. I loved the sound and the look of it, but I hate using boys names on girls so I went looking for something else. In the end I found the Finnish girl’s name Aira which is pronounced exactly the same. Huzzah!

Rose: The name of my nanna and her mother, and her great grandmother and so on and so on. You get the idea Rose is my middle name and I have every intention of passing it down as a middle name to my first daughter.

Merit (Merry): This name has sky rocketed up my list since I discovered that it had solid history as a name. It’s probably second on my girl's list right now.

Arietta (Ari): Like Arrietty but real. I always flip flop between Ariella and Arietta but today this one won out.

Fiorella: If I could work out whether Fiera was a real name then that would be here. In the mean time, Fiorella will do.
    Last edited by renrose; May 31st, 2013 at 08:48 AM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

I can't get over the name augustus. When I tell people I like it they laugh. I still really like it.