Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Mum to Sam, Finn & Baby Max

We can do two?? Yay!

Anastasia- the meaning is my favorite and it is a beautiful symbol of my faith.

Ophelia- oh the way this sounds in Spanish is just beautiful.

Cecilia- see Ophelia

Lior- I. Love. This. Name. But the fiancé hates it.

Catherine- beautiful, elegant, classic.

Sebastian- I find this name to be so cool.

Alexander- strong handsome name

Levi- a family name that I haven't figured out how to use. But I love it.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Blair: my ultimate guilty pleasure girls name, I love that its Scottish as part of my family is Scottish and that its not very popular in England.
    Olivia: A bit too popular for my liking but a name that I love so much I would regret not using because of its popularity. I like the nn options of Liv and Livvy.
    Lainey: A new favourite my name is double barrelled and Laine is the second part, I would honour my mum in a way as she chose my name. Yet I don't know if its too close to my name to use.
    Savannah: I like Anna but know too many people with the name, Savannah has the same ring to it and is a bit different.
    Ava: simple but I adore this name, the meaning of "life" is also lovely.
    Nate: Love the nn Nate but would want to use Nathaniel as the full name.
    Flynn: An Irish surname, my dads family is Irish and my first name is also an Irish surname so I like the link.
    Noah: I like that this name is well known but not overly used where I live, a possible alternative to Jack which is very popular.
    Jude: love the biblical connotations, reminds me of the Beatles for obvious reasons but seems to give off a good vibe.
    Elliot: a new favourite, Elijah and Elias are a bit too biblical and unique for me but Elliot seems a perfect alternative whilst keeping the biblical theme with the meaning.

So… twelve of my ultimate favourite names? This is going to be difficult… I’m a libra, meaning any sort of decision is very hard for me I don’t actually have twelve names that I can honestly say I love but here are ten that I do.

BOYS

Joseph (Jory): My granddad, who died when I was six months old, was called Joe and I’ve always been very sad that I never got to know him so I would love to honour him if I ever had a son. Definitely my top boys name at the moment. His nickname would be the lovely Cornish Jory which I only discovered a few months ago. Everything about the sound of it makes me happy.

Vasiliy (Vas, Vashka): I first heard this name whilst watching the film ‘Enemy at the Gates’ and I was completely smitten without any knowledge as to why.

Edmond (Ned): Ned was the name of one of my great grandfathers. After surviving the first world war he ended up dying in a car crash with his wife in 1936 which left my nanna and her two brothers orphans. He was a good man and I know my nanna would have loved it if I chose to honour him.

Niccolo (Nico): I prefer this Italian name to Nicholas and I’ve always adored Nico since playing ‘Broken Sword’ (even though she was a girl!).

August (Gale): I couldn’t think up a good nickname for August and would have been content to use the full name all the time but then my brain took the following steps: August > Gust (of wind) > Gale. Yay! Two birds, one stone.

GIRLS

Aira: I read a trilogy of books many years ago now called ‘The Wind on Fire’. In it, there was a prophetess called Ira. I loved the sound and the look of it, but I hate using boys names on girls so I went looking for something else. In the end I found the Finnish girl’s name Aira which is pronounced exactly the same. Huzzah!

Rose: The name of my nanna and her mother, and her great grandmother and so on and so on. You get the idea Rose is my middle name and I have every intention of passing it down as a middle name to my first daughter.

Merit (Merry): This name has sky rocketed up my list since I discovered that it had solid history as a name. It’s probably second on my girl's list right now.

Arietta (Ari): Like Arrietty but real. I always flip flop between Ariella and Arietta but today this one won out.

Fiorella: If I could work out whether Fiera was a real name then that would be here. In the mean time, Fiorella will do.
    Last edited by renrose; May 31st, 2013 at 08:48 AM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I can't get over the name augustus. When I tell people I like it they laugh. I still really like it.